Really bad weather and MNSSHP

rufio

Who has been at WDW lately? From what I hear the weather is pretty bad right now. Has anyone been at the Halloween Party when the rain was so bad there was no parade or fireworks? I'm wondering what will happen in the event of everything (except the actual party) being cancelled. It certainly seems like a huge waste at $67 per person just to spend an evening at MK on top of ticket price. Anyone?

MMDVC

One year they issued a return ticket to the MK for one day but not to be used for any special ticketed events. Since I always have an AP it was worthless.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

We were just there a few weeks back and it poured prior to the first parade and it drizzled throughout it. They still had the parade but they couldn't do certain things during the parade, aka the gravediggers didn't make the sparks with their shovels, the dancers didn't dance. The Pirate color guard kinda just walked with their flags rolled up. Otherwise it went off with no issues. We stayed for the second parade that night as well (after it cleared up a bit) and the parade went back to normal. :)

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Was there 2 years ago the night of the monsoon. All outdoor rides (Splash, Big Thunder, etc) were closed. First parade was canceled. No Madame Leota outside Haunted Mansion. No stage shows and limited meet and greets. Trick or Treat locations moved to places under cover. Fireworks delayed an hour. Finally stopped raining so 2nd parade began at 11:30 p.m. ~ no headless horseman and all the other changes @mouse_luv mentioned. Lines at Guest Services stretched out the door...no refunds, but an offer of a ticket for another party night. Another night was not an option for us. It soured us on ever attempting another MNSSHP.

Upvote 0

draybook

The other day when we were leaving before the party and it was raining, there was about 30 people standing in line at Guest Relations. I can take a guess as to what they were going to ask.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Went to the Halloween party this past Tuesday the 23rd. Rained hard the first 3 hours. It didn't seem to stop folks at all. Got over 15 pounds of candy, saw both parades. It stopped raining about 10pm and the evening seemed much cooler after that.

Upvote 0
Hi, we were there in early Oct 2012 and it was the rain and thunder storm ruined the night, therefore all guests were advised to queue at guest services for a refund. Queue was the length of mainstreet, took nearly two hours to get refund. Initially they offer you another night or a voucher but this was not an option for our group as we were due to depart within a couple of days.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hi, we were there in early Oct 2012 and it was the rain and thunder storm ruined the night, therefore all guests were advised to queue at guest services for a refund. Queue was the length of mainstreet, took nearly two hours to get refund. Initially they offer you another night or a voucher but this was not an option for our group as we were due to depart within a couple of days.
That's the night we were there!!!

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

I always try to book my MNSSHP for as early in my trip as possible for this reason. Luckily I have always had beautiful weather. *fingers crossed*

Upvote 0

malice

Went to the Halloween party this past Tuesday the 23rd. Rained hard the first 3 hours. It didn't seem to stop folks at all. Got over 15 pounds of candy, saw both parades. It stopped raining about 10pm and the evening seemed much cooler after that.

I was also there on 9/23. Got into the park around 3:45pm and it started to rain nonstop from 4pm. Rode Splash and Big Thunder in the rain which was an interesting experience. It definitely let up earlier than 10pm (more like 8pm), because I remember the sky clearing out prior to the first Boo To You Parade.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Depends on what happens. If everything, and I mean everything gets cancelled, they may be convinced to give you (or even offer) a refund. If maybe a parade and show was cancelled, but fireworks and the second parade still go off, they may just tell you they cannot control the weather. Since the horseman fell a few years ago, they have been slowing him down significantly, and often cancelling him if the ground is even damp.

No Madame Leota outside Haunted Mansion.

FYI - It's not Madame Leota, I believe she is just supposed to be one of the 999 happy haunts.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

It rained 2 years ago when we went to the party. It stopped around 8pm. The headless horseman did not ride before either parade but the parades were normal, except for the Hundred Acre Wood gang didn't have costumes on in the first parade (not sure about the second) We had planned on watching the second parade but there wasd practically no one on Main Street for the first parade so we watched that one instead. We planned to come back come back to see the headless horseman before the second parade but about 5 minutes before he was supposed to come they told us he was not. and he didn't, so we ended up leaving because we were really tired.

Upvote 0

TaraWdopeyfan

We were there for the party on 9/23 and due to the fact that my whole family was soaked, we stood in the line at guest services. They were actually giving everyone 2 choices - 1st choice tickets to the Friday party or 2nd choice a gift card for the amount you spent on tickets for a future purchase.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom