Wishes Dessert Party moves to the Hub - the real reason why Wishes FP+ Went Away

Cletus

Original Poster
From the HUB

Because of the popularity of the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park, we are expanding the experience starting April 19 so that more Guests will be able to enjoy it. Same-day reservations will be available.

All Guests attending the fireworks dessert party will enjoy a variety of themed desserts at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant as they do today. Then, Guests with same-day reservations move to the Plaza Garden area for the fireworks show, while Guests who have booked in advance will view the fireworks from the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.

Pricing is $59 for adults and $35 for children, tax inclusive. Reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing location can be made in advance by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dine, or calling 407-WDW-DINE. Same-day reservations are available at the Tomorrowland Terrace podium starting at 10:30am each day.

Reactive FAQs:

Why is the Plaza Garden area being added to the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party experience?
Because of the popularity of the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park, we are expanding the experience starting April 19 so that more Guests will be able to enjoy it.

Will desserts be available in the Plaza Garden area?
No. All Guests attending the fireworks dessert party will enjoy a variety of themed desserts at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant as they do today. Then, Guests with same-day reservations move to the Plaza Garden area for the fireworks show, while Guests who have booked in advance will view the fireworks from the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.

Is there seating in the Plaza Garden area?
No.

I already have reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing area, but I would prefer to view the fireworks from the Plaza Garden area. Can I do that?
Yes. Space permitting, Guests who have already booked reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace may opt to view the fireworks from the Plaza Garden area.

How can I book reservations for the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party with fireworks viewing in the Plaza Garden area?
Same-day reservations are available by visiting the Tomorrowland Terrace podium starting at 10:30am each day.

glvsav37

F that!!!! So glad I gave up my Wishes party ressie for this August. Normally I enjoy it, but the buffet area is a b*tch to get through being stuffed in the back corner as it is. I can only imagine now that they have added a 'Hub-full" of guests how long that line is going to be.

And how are they going to police the tables from the guests who paid for the actual terrace party?

HFS, this is going to be a cluster you know what!!

Lirael

It just dawned on me: this increases paid viewing capacity...but what about eating? How hellish crowded will it be to try and eat before people are sent off to the Plaza?

And it also interests me that the Plaza is for same day reservations.

I mean, I'm assuming there's a same-day demand for this because surely wdw isnt that dumb. However, will people be warning this same-day guests that their $60 per person is only worth standing at the Plaza?

Imagine how 'happy' guests -that didnt plan ahead or just thought to wait and buy it at the last moment to be sure they'd be at MK- will be when its fireworks time and they're sudenlly sherperded to the Plaza.

deeevo

This infuriates me. I walked through over a year and a half of construction zones in the hub throwing my money at Disney monthly and just telling myself once it is all done it will be worth it. And it was worth it because the first week it opened my family hung out in the Plaza Garden and watched the MSEP and then Wishes shortly after. It really was magical. I was looking forward to spending many nights there but then they made it a FP+ area. No big deal I am local so I book it pretty easily. We really enjoyed it and is a perfect spot for the my twins to chill out after a long day of being dragged around the parks by there parents. This area is supposed to be a nice relaxing area to watch fireworks with your family. Memories would be made but NOPE... Disney says if you want those memories it is going to cost you a little more than the 4 AP you have and the $350 a night at Poly you plunked down for the weekend. I am going to stop now because if I keep going my words will be laced with profanity.

DisneyDreamer08

Am I the only one who thinks Plaza Gardens is a more preferable viewing location than the Terrace? Why are they making it seem like those who make advanced reservations get "preference" to remain at the Terrace?

Maybe because once you move down to the gardens you don't have access to the food anymore? And there are no chairs to sit in?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I thought I would help correct some of the FAQ's for everyone:

FAQs:

Why is the Plaza Garden area being added to the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party experience?
Because we are looking for any way we can to remove general admission space and/or time and replace it with new extra paid experiences to try to bring in more money so upper management can be promoted due to their incredibly successful and magical ideas

Will desserts be available in the Plaza Garden area?
No. All Guests attending the fireworks dessert party will enjoy a variety of themed cheap and definitely not worthy of the cost desserts at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant as they do today. Then, Guests with same-day reservations move to the Plaza Garden area for the fireworks show which will be magical moving back and forth.

Is there seating in the Plaza Garden area?
No...at least not yet. We may consider charging for some down the road however. They would be magical chairs and worth the extra costs

I already have reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing area, but I would prefer to view the fireworks from the Plaza Garden area. Can I do that?
Yes. The view might be better and I'm sure you'll enjoy going back and forth for your crappy expensive tart things we call desserts

How can I book reservations for the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party with fireworks viewing in the Plaza Garden area?
Same-day reservations are available by visiting the Tomorrowland Terrace podium starting at 10:30am each day - we expect this to be huge just like our after hours events so sign up fast... just look at the bloggers websites who we just wined and dined to tell you how great everything is and going to be!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
They will do more than defend it. They will be happy to sign up for it and promote that it be done in all parks.
I'm right in the middle on this one again. It doesn't bother me that Disney is offering it, since it doesn't impact my experience in any way.

That said, who the heck thinks this is a good idea? If you had a pile of $200 on one hand and tickets to this fool thing on the other hand, who says "I'd rather have the cafeteria brownies than the $200"? I'm not a rich man, but there's no amount of wealth I could ever accumulate that would make me say "sign me up!"

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm right in the middle on this one again. It doesn't bother me that Disney is offering it, since it doesn't impact my experience in any way.

That said, who the heck thinks this is a good idea? If you had a pile of $200 on one hand and tickets to this fool thing on the other hand, who says "I'd rather have the cafeteria brownies than the $200"? I'm not a rich man, but there's no amount of wealth I could ever accumulate that would make me say "sign me up!"

It appears Disney's way to control crowds rather than expanding is to price it out of reach for more of the modern families

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It appears Disney's way to control crowds rather than expanding is to price it out of reach for more of the modern families
I think Disney actually should be doing that, but this doesn't accomplish it. If they want to manage crowds with price, they need to do it with admission prices. Things like this don't do anything to reduce crowds, they just segregate them.

The problem with expansion is that demand always circles back to the Magic Kingdom, specifically the hub and Fantasyland. So they'd be able to handle bigger crowds in total, but those bigger crowds are still going to congregate in the same places they do today.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
An area that was previously FREE for the general public (through FP+) will no longer available, how does this not have an impact?
I said it doesn't have an impact on my experience. Wishes from the hub is nothing but a recipe for a stiff neck. I prefer it from further back on Main Street (or Frontierland if I want to avoid the crowds). I never watched it from the hub pre-FP+ and I never thought it was worth the use of a FP+ once that was introduced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom