Pre-Trip Ready to Show our Disney Side Without 'Em

I really wasn't sure if I wanted to do a PTR. Life has been pretty stressful between side business stuff, new job, kid issues...I know, I know- that's just LIFE!!! Still, I haven't been as psyched up for this trip as I've been for previous Disney adventures. About 3 months ago, I totally revamped my fitness routine and nutrition and it's been helping (going over 40mi per week + lots of other stuff will do that to you ;) ), but I think I need a bit more help in the Disney excitement area...so, I'm hoping a PTR will help. Fingers crossed!!!

For those that don't know me...I'm Sandy...

14806775655_2547344a82.jpg

The photo is pretty fitting as I pretty much live behind my camera while on vacay. Hey, it makes me happy. You may actually be seeing more of me though in my actual trip report as I plan on having some solo time nearly every day and intend to hand off my camera to the Disney photogs here and there. More on my solo time to come.

And here we have the rest of the immediate fam...

14806421092_f82dfc0b91.jpg

This is DH (yes, after all of these years posting on here, I still refer to him as DH), Kendall and Sammie. Here's where the "showing our Disney side without 'em" factors in. This is a KID FREE TRIP!!!!! :joyfull: That's right! We're heading to WDW without the girls. They're a bit bummed that they're not coming with us. I actually think Kendall suspects we're going to surprise them last minute and bring them along. NOT HAPPENING!!! I was on the phone with Disney the other night and she excitedly declared "We're going to Disney!!!" I brought her back to reality and said "No, I'm going to Disney." I'm so mean :devilish:

Finally, we have one oddball addition to our touring group...

14783771746_cbdda735c3.jpg

Yes, it's a spork. Officially, it is "Space Mountain Spork." I'll spare you the full story, but it all came up at work the other week and before I knew it, some coworker friends 'gifted' me with said spork and assigned me the task of bringing it on our trip and taking pictures with it all along the way. It also ties into Taco Bell and how Disney has just about everything...everything BUT Taco Bell ...and how I may just walk into MK and suddenly miss that there's no Taco Bell. This is how I feel about Taco Bell :hungover: And this is how I'd feel about a Taco Bell in MK :mad: The spork won't be unwrapped until we're at WDW.

So, now that you've met me, DH, and our spork :hilarious:...let's get into some of the basics.

WHEN: Nov 7-12
WHERE: Literally just switched from the Contemporary to the Poly

6062655922_e8d541c7cc.jpg

6061931587_9698b2d854.jpg

6062648340_07a597eca8.jpg

Yes, I know the Poly is a massive construction zone, but 30% off room only discounts hit for our dates (we're not DDP peeps) and the Poly was the only suitable deluxe with rooms. I had a feeling this would be the case. Back around day 180, I tried to add a day onto our stay (thought I'd already done it) and there was nothing below concierge level in the tower at that point. I tried to switch to BWI and there was nothing there either. It's always kind of a scary thought when so many things are booked solid that far out. Granted, we are going at the tail end of F&W, Jersey Week and Veteran's Day weekend....so that's part of it. I even checked the GF for our dates once the room discounts hit, but nothing. So, we're staying at the Poly- strictly for the convenience factor, room size, and well- the discount. I saved about $600, so it's worth it to me. And who knows...maybe we'll even pop by Blizzard Beach since Poly guests are getting free access.

I think I'm going to call it a night, but coming up:

> Dining and dining dilemmas
> Touring plans
> A day at Uni
> Spork goals
> Cake (you had to figure cake would factor in at some point)
> Everything else I can think of :D

Last edited:

Jessica Meier

I wish Cadence was a little more daring but she got my scaredy cat gene. Thankfully I overcame it when I married Carl and he forced me to ride my first roller coaster. I hope she will do the same but she may just never enjoy thrill rides and that's okay too.

FlaggNL

Thanks for sharing your plans! Looks great! And I understand the kids-free trip, but well I guess we have WWIII here if we decided to go to DLP or WDW without Sacha :)

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I wish Cadence was a little more daring but she got my scaredy cat gene. Thankfully I overcame it when I married Carl and he forced me to ride my first roller coaster. I hope she will do the same but she may just never enjoy thrill rides and that's okay too.

They need a good TMNT thrill ride- she'd get over her fears super fast!

Thanks for sharing your plans! Looks great! And I understand the kids-free trip, but well I guess we have WWIII here if we decided to go to DLP or WDW without Sacha :)

I've been prepping the kids for nearly a year now that I wanted either a kid free or just mommy trip to WDW, so I think that's helped. They're not pleased, but that extra time to prep them certainly softens the blow. :)

ThatBrunette

Touring Plans...

Point 2- Monorail Crawl, Epcot Resort Crawl and Other Drinking
- While we usually enjoy some beverages when we travel, it's nothing like it is when we're kid free. Let's just say he really liked the idea of a monorail crawl, so I pitched several crawl ideas that seemed to do the trick.

Point 3- Sleep
He's just not into the nostalgic attractions and stop & smell the roses type details like I am + the hectic touring makes him long for home a little too quickly, so he is going to sleep in nearly every day while I go and enjoy the early morning hours at the parks doing the things he just doesn't love.

So, in a nutshell, my mornings will afford me that experience of being solo at WDW...from dining to attractions. I also probably won't bother with FP+ for my solo mornings.

Oh -and before I forget... @Jessica Meier @DisneyDebNJ @ThatBrunette - I'm sorry- I forgot to tag people in the beginning.

Thank you for tagging me. When I am not actively planning a trip, I read the boards less often so I don't make myself sad.

Do you have the Transportation Trading Cards? Ask the monorail, bus and ticket window CMs for cards. It makes the crawl more adventurous.

It is easier to get your fave attractions in the AM especially if you are by yourself (or with me).

Nostalgic crawl?!? I'm in! I have pictures form 1977 we can hunt for the original spots, reminisce about the "old days", compare rides and eat cake all day long. The Husbands would slow us down.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Probably the only thing that would get her right now is an Elsa thrill ride and it was the only way to get to meet Elsa. :)

Oh wow...well, maybe she'll get into it as she gets older. Sometimes just hearing their friends talk about this stuff is enough incentive.

I understand what you mean. Difference is that Sacha is 17! So even when we prep her for two years it still means WWIII :)

Oh yeah! The wrath of a 17 yr old is so much more intense! I fear those years! ;)

Thank you for tagging me. When I am not actively planning a trip, I read the boards less often so I don't make myself sad.

Do you have the Transportation Trading Cards? Ask the monorail, bus and ticket window CMs for cards. It makes the crawl more adventurous.

It is easier to get your fave attractions in the AM especially if you are by yourself (or with me).

Nostalgic crawl?!? I'm in! I have pictures form 1977 we can hunt for the original spots, reminisce about the "old days", compare rides and eat cake all day long. The Husbands would slow us down.

I totally understand...I mean, there's just not as much reason to be on here. Geez- I have a trip coming up and I've barely been on!

I'll have to ask about the cards. Anything to add some more fun to it.

I'm really looking forward to being a park loner at times on this trip. I think it's going to be a whole new experience!

I love your pictures from the 70s :) Of course, my first trip wasn't until the mid 80s, but still- it's a very different world these days. Regardless, riding IASW several times without anyone whining or grimacing the entire time will be such a treat :)

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
So, I've been slacking on updates. I keep debating about buying Lightroom for my pics, but I just can't pull the trigger. I did make one big purchase this week...I BOUGHT TICKETS!!!!!

We're nearing our 60 day mark, so I logged into Undercover Tourist and bought 5 day hoppers for the price of 4. They should arrive a few days before I can start booking FP+. Not a clue what we want to do there, but we'll figure it out.

On another note, I got a 2nd Crystal Palace ADR. It's not my ideal 8:05a, but it is a prepark opening slot. So, I got an 8:40a. If it's just me, it shouldn't take as long when it's 4 or 6 of us. So, the later time "shouldn't be a big deal." I haven't dropped my 9:55a one yet, but I'm thinking the 8:40 is the better option. I'm still going to stalk for an earlier time, but this is an improvement. Thoughts?

Ok- time for workouts 2 & 3. :)

Jessica Meier

Workouts 2 &3??? Holy cow you are making me feel awful. I have been slacking big time on working out. Between school stuff, me fighting sinus issues and stomach issues and some mean blisters I got earlier in the week I have barely exercised at all. Gotta get back on it this week.

With regards to the ADR...I say keep the earlier one. I imagine you will be up early anyways, so why not just head to the park earlier. I was gonna suggest using your mornings while your hubby was sleeping in to have some fun doing some early morning runs and toting the camera along with you.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Sounds like a fabulous trip!!!
DH & I have gone "sana" kids several times :D
Have a magical time :)

Thanks! Yeah- really looking forward to having a kid free trip. In fact, really looking forward to being solo 50% of the time. :)

Workouts 2 &3??? Holy cow you are making me feel awful. I have been slacking big time on working out. Between school stuff, me fighting sinus issues and stomach issues and some mean blisters I got earlier in the week I have barely exercised at all. Gotta get back on it this week.

With regards to the ADR...I say keep the earlier one. I imagine you will be up early anyways, so why not just head to the park earlier. I was gonna suggest using your mornings while your hubby was sleeping in to have some fun doing some early morning runs and toting the camera along with you.

I've been in beast mode for nearly 3.5 months. I haven't allowed myself to miss a single day because I really need to be in a place where I crave my workouts. I went through a beast of a blister last month. Talked to some sports med people- I had to wrap my foot in athletic bandage, switch to special runners socks, and double up on my socks. I'd limp until the adrenaline kicked in, but it worked. My feet and legs are often a mess and I have one heck of a runners tan, but I am trying to wear it like a badge of honor...Hello Kitty bandaids help too!

Yeah- it's crazy - 3 workouts a day.
1 - walk/run ... 5-6.5 miles per weekday, 8-9.5 miles Saturday, 9-10.5 Sunday
2 - elliptical ... no less than 45 min per day
3 - 20-60 min of abs, yoga, pilates, weights, exercise ball, and anything else that will focus on muscle groups

Yeah- I stuck with the earlier ADR and dropped the other one. I totally plan on being photo crazy in the mornings. I should be able to get into MK fairly early with that new ADR at CP and do all kinds of detail shots. Excited!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Feeling like a total slug today...got up to do 10 miles and was rained out in mile 5. Hoping to get in more this afternoon.

As for trip updates...

1. I put in a request for a longhouse. Rarotonga and Samoa were the finalists, but I decided Rarotonga fits a few more of our needs. Our 60 day mark is next weekend, so I should be able to add other requests at that point.

2. My tickets arrived and I linked them to our account. Yay for Undercover Tourist to save us a few $s. So, next weekend we'll be booking FP+. DH and I have a lot to discuss in this area over the next week. I just hope I have no issues- I know it's not always coming up at midnight ET and then I'm hoping it recognizes both FPs under the family setting when I go to book. It shows them linked to the acct, but I have to view them separately- hence my concern.

3. I finally remembered to call and add DME to our trip. I thought this was supposed to be visible online, but I'm not seeing it...so, I may have to call again :(

4. So, I realized this week that I screwed up which day should be our Universal day when booking our ADRs. Switching around Kona and Raglan Road weren't biggies, but 1900 Park Fare breakfast took a bit more work. Luckily, a slot opened up at my ideal time after a few searches over the course of a day.

5. DH and I are starting to have second thoughts on Uni and he doesn't want to mess with DTD. In all honesty, we're not major shoppers, so DTD can feel like a glorified strip mall to us. Plus with buses usually not being the greatest and the construction, we've decided to rework these two days. On the 10th I've got the "brunch" at 1900PF and now have dinner booked at Flying Fish. On the 11th, I have Kona for breakfast and now have Citrico's on tap for dinner.

So, that's it for now. :)

Jessica Meier

I haven't been able to work out for 3 weeks so no feeling like a slug on your end please. Between stomach issues and sinus issues (May have to have another surgery yeah) no exercising for this one. I've been lucky to keep us in clean underwear.
On more fun topics.... How much did you save on tickets? I am seriously considering forgoing the dining plan so need to purchase tickets through Disney. You still get Magicbands and can link everything right?

TheMouseFan

I wasn't able to see my DME info for our June trip either. I think it sometimes just doesn't show up if you don't give them the info at the time you initially book. We got our booklet and vouchers at the correct time though.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I haven't been able to work out for 3 weeks so no feeling like a slug on your end please. Between stomach issues and sinus issues (May have to have another surgery yeah) no exercising for this one. I've been lucky to keep us in clean underwear.
On more fun topics.... How much did you save on tickets? I am seriously considering forgoing the dining plan so need to purchase tickets through Disney. You still get Magicbands and can link everything right?

UGH! No fun! I hope you don't have to go in for more surgery :(

I saved $20 pp booking my tickets through UT...so, a total of $40. It's not a ton, but it'll pay for a couple of my solo breakfasts. I was able to link them up to my Disney account as soon as I got them and they'll be part of what's loaded on our MagicBands.

I wasn't able to see my DME info for our June trip either. I think it sometimes just doesn't show up if you don't give them the info at the time you initially book. We got our booklet and vouchers at the correct time though.

Good to know. I know I added ours after the fact for our last trip, but I couldn't remember if it showed up on there or not. I guess I'll just keep an eye out for our stuff and get on the horn with them if it doesn't arrive.

Jessica Meier

thanks girl.... Ct scan sometime this week. Thinking the sinuses behind the eyes and above them may be blocked thanks to the pain I have been having. If it doesn't show that he is sending me to a neurologist because it could be something worse. He said it could also be a horrible virus going around that he has seen last 8 weeks. Ugh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom