Reaction vox pop: Body Wars death in 95

RedFurredCadet

Original Poster
As an enthusiast hot on the trail for WoL history, it even disturbs me a little inside with regards to Body Wars and how one guest (and tragically a young one) was killed died from a heart condition previously undetected during a ride session. If anyone remembers what happened roughly on this day back in 95, what are your thoughts? Even if Body Wars was laid to rest over six years by now, has it been for the best or the more eerie?

Two articles of interest behind the story are a short summary of what happened and a traumatising aftermath

And one more thing. Even if it tears you up on a little, please no fights. A moments silence is applicable if the story touches you. Cheers.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Killed is really an incorrect word. Had the ride malfunctioned and this girl died as a result of that then it would be correct to say that she was killed. The reality is that this poor child had a heart defect that caused her death.

RedFurredCadet

Original Poster
Killed is really an incorrect word. Had the ride malfunctioned and this girl died as a result of that then it would be correct to say that she was killed. The reality is that this poor child had a heart defect that caused her death.
Thanks, I have corrected that post, and would have been a very different situation.

lazyboy97o

These sorts of conditions can be fatally aggravated by any number of things. I recall the coroner saying something along the lines of the surprise of a balloon unexpectedly popping could have also caused the death of the little boy who died after riding Mission: SPACE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom