Re-using magic bands?

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I apologize if this has been answered already, but I promise I did look thru a few pages of posts before asking. I have magic bands for 3 people in my party of 5...are they re-usable? And how do I go about that?

Tom

Beta Return
If you booked a new Disney resort hotel stay, you will receive new Magic Bands for everyone in your party (assuming all 5 people are staying on that reservation).

However, if you like the Magic Bands you previously used, those 3 people can use the old ones again. They're still linked to your my Disney Experience account, unless you went in and deactivated them yourself. You can check on the Bands and Cards page, which will list each band, it's serial number and color.

The 2 additional people on this trip will not be able to use any of your old bands, since they are tied to individual guests. But as I mentioned, assuming they're staying on property with you, you'll all get new bands anyway.

sjhym333

Ok thanks @Tom. I did see all the serial numbers and colors listed. Is it easier to just order all new ones?

If you are going to stay at a Disney resort you are going to get new bands no matter what. You will either customize them in your MDE account or you will get grey ones when you check in. I have a couple of MagicBands of different colors from different trips and where different colors depending on my mood

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
As people said when they were buying a computer in 1986, "You'll NEVER use all 16 MB!"
They keep giving me more... I somehow received 3 AP MBs last year and at least one for each resort stay [a couple of visits they had two waiting for me for the same resort o_O] stay , I have 3 "specialty" bands, MVMCP, Food & Wine and HM. I've already got three more and an AP one customized for this year...

Tom

Beta Return
They keep giving me more... I somehow received 3 AP MBs last year and at least one for each resort stay [a couple of visits they had two waiting for me for the same resort o_O] stay , I have 3 "specialty" bands, MVMCP, Food & Wine and HM. I've already got three more and an AP one customized for this year...

I wonder if the multiples have anything to do with your foreignness.

Amy Brewer

Garden and Festival Magic Bands: My dad was able to pick one of the Frozen themed Magic bands on his trip which is currently happening at this minute!
I'm visiting Orlando in September, wondering if the magic band will work then? It won't be used until then but I would love to know if it will work? I'm not fussed if the lights do not flash green or pink as I enter the parks ( if they will do thats an added bonus) But cutting to the conclusion, will the magic band work if I use it on my next trip?

Rob562

Yes, once you get the MagicBand you can add it to your MDE and it will work during your fall trip

...as long as he bought the Band in a "to be linked later" status and didn't have the CM link it to *his* profile.
If it's linked to his profile, you won't be able to use it.

-Rob

Amy Brewer

He literally brought it and hasn't added himself onto it, we are going to link it up 60 days before we visit as if its a brand new fast pass.

RonAnnArbor

Not only do they all remain active (unless you personally deactivate them) you can use them however you want -- I have 15 or 16 as well, and I actually hate them, I never wear them, but I have multiples of every color....I cut them down to the tiniest nub I can make them, and carry them in my wallet -- sometimes I don't use them at all, I use an old KTTW card (which all remain active too, provided you have one post implementation of the magic bands)...I have a couple I have cut down to the tiniest nub I can and drilled a hole on the top, and I put them on my dogtag chain -- letting it hang and just touch it as I want to use it --- sometimes i put them around a belt loop, and carry a couple colors with me (like blue and yellow on Michigan football game days when I'm in the park)...I probably go down 6 times a year -- and get a new band every time...plus I get my annual pass band sent to me every year...going on the third year now of this craziness...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom