re: TSA- "TSA Plunders Boy's Disney Toys"

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster

elizs77

We were just down there, and there were stickers on the wooden toy guns that were at POTC and elsewhere around Frontierland that stated that they MUST go in checked luggage if flying. Not all of the toys said that, but there are some that did.

I'm just not sure why they didn't check them in the first place, though. I understand why the rule is in place. But we have been flying to Disney on our last three trips, and my DS6 loves his toy guns and swords. We always check them - rather deal with that then the hassle of the TSA. I have my own issues with some of the rules and the TSA, but still, just check them...

gleason406

I'm glad this had a a happy ending.... Since we are traveling in 45 days I checked Jet Blue's website and it says that toy weapons are permitted in carry on bags so are airlines rules different than the TSA?

kstella

The very first time my family flew to Disney my brother got a pirate gun. He tried taking it on the plane and was told it would have to be put in with the checked luggage even though it was clearly a toy. This was 28 years ago, way before all the extra security started.

Susan Savia

I'm kinda wondering why the parents didn't put the toys in their checked luggage? It seems like it would of been the thing to do. It was nice Disney helped out like they did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom