Re-Doing Adventureland

Skywalker

• I would change the carpets to a Magic carpet ride like you get in Star Tours
  • Jungle Cruise I would make more Jungle
  • Pirates I would leave the same
  • An Indy Adventure but diff from Cali would be nice - or they could even make that into an interactive game that goes around adventure land and ends on Tom Sawyer's Island
  • A real zip line would be nice.

stevehousse

-retheme the SWR Treehouse to Tarzan.
-get rid of the carpets and make the area an outdoor type TS restaraunt with character dining meeting Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie.
-add JTTCOE style ride, however theme it to the Cave Of Wonders from Aladdin! Riding on magic carpets trying to fly and zip out of the cave as it collapses...

AllydoesDisney

I think Adventureland is my least favorite land. First I would get rid of Jungle Cruise. Why see fake animals when you can see real ones at Animal Kingdom? And I would get rid of the Swiss Family Treehouse. I don't mind the Carpet ride but I like the idea of putting in a different Aladdin ride. The only thing I really like is Pirates. And Dole Whip.

mm121

How would you re-do Adventureland

I would bring Indy Adventure to WDW and replace SFT with it aeven thoug i love SFT
I would re-do Jungle Cruise by reducing its space for Indy Adventure
I would expand Tiki Room and add a restaurant to it.
I would close Carpets and make it into an Aladdin dark ride
Finally, I would re-do Pirates more like the DL version

WWYD?

I would keep everything thats currently there, and simply expand the area. (see photo) SPACE for 7 new attractions! Originally made it for another thread
The Ultimate Magic Kingdom Expansion

magic-kingdom-ultimate-expansion-jpg.50284

theres already that indiana jones show at hollywood studios, so i'd find new things especially since there hasnt been an indiana jones movie in a long time

same thing with sft, i'd keep it since its classic, but if its going to stay long term they need to make a new movie to back it up

FIRE MOUNTAIN!!!

Change theme of SFR Tree or get rid of altogether! ( don't throw tomatoes @ me please.;))
The carpets can go! The JC could expand. The "veranda" area could be a new TS restaurant or a new ride of some sort. Lots of potential.;)
sfr tree could definitely either use a retheme to tarzan or something, or they need to make a new movie.

isn't the one at disneyland themed to tarzan? not sure.
How about one big carpet over the carpets - now that's a dark ride.
and aladin dark ride would be cool.. i'm trying to think what other movies would fit into that area.
Fire Mountain
DEFINITELY FIRE MOUNTAIN!!
I think a soarin type aladdin ride would work well, although I am not sure there is the space for that there.
i wouldn't replicated the soarin technology.. maybe build something using the technology borrowed from spiderman or transformers over at Uni. (i know its probably forbidden to even suggest such a thing around these parts though lol) especially since the avatar ride though different will have a similar flying feel to soarin.
If there was room for 1/4 of that stuff, that would be great!
if theres a will theres a way.. see photo. just requires moving some backstage buildings, and reconfigurng a small part of jungle cruise. to enable 7 new attractions or more.
  • I would change the carpets to a Magic carpet ride like you get in Star Tours
  • Jungle Cruise I would make more Jungle
  • Pirates I would leave the same
  • An Indy Adventure but diff from Cali would be nice - or they could even make that into an interactive game that goes around adventure land and ends on Tom Sawyer's Island
  • A real zip line would be nice.
zip line would be cool, or some kind of attraction that replicates that experience.
also making better use of the big area thats is tom sawyers island while keeping it natural would be good.. just like swiss family robinson, a new movie could be in order, since i'm sure kids today dont have any clue who tom sawyer is.
-retheme the SWR Treehouse to Tarzan.
-get rid of the carpets and make the area an outdoor type TS restaraunt with character dining meeting Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie.
-add JTTCOE style ride, however theme it to the Cave Of Wonders from Aladdin! Riding on magic carpets trying to fly and zip out of the cave as it collapses...
i think swr is themed to tarzan in cali.

is there currently a real official table service character dining in adventureland? i dont think there is. would be great to be able to meet the actual adventureland characters in adventureland.. you never see tarzan.
I think Adventureland is my least favorite land. First I would get rid of Jungle Cruise. Why see fake animals when you can see real ones at Animal Kingdom? And I would get rid of the Swiss Family Treehouse. I don't mind the Carpet ride but I like the idea of putting in a different Aladdin ride. The only thing I really like is Pirates. And Dole Whip.

could definitely use some new attractions!!

Attachments

• magic kingdom ultimate expansion.jpg
    magic kingdom ultimate expansion.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 87

mahnamahna101

Honestly, the money for MyMagic+ could have been used to rework backstage areas of MK as well as DHS so that they could both have more room to expand.

Adventureland does have an expansion pad within current borders regardless, but those borders could be moved further to the left with some work.

After this...

1. POTC goes back to non-Jack Sparrow roots and gets a new scene
  2. The Carpets are relocated to the new area next to Adventureland called Agrabah
  3. A new Journey to the Center of the Earth style dark ride is added as Agrabah's E-ticket like suggested earlier (42" height requirement)
  4. Jungle Cruise gets expanded and travels through the new Fire Mountain added to the back area, and a temple from Indiana Jones
  5. Fire Mountain - an E-ticket sit-down to inverted coaster. Imagine the intensity of Dueling Dragons and Hulk with the immersion of Big Thunder or Expedition: Everest - this 4 to 6 minute coaster ride features a backwards launch, projections, (small AAs), and a Lava Monster at its core This ride would have a 54" height requirement and would be the sole thrill machine in the whole park
  6. The Indiana Jones stunt show is relocated and a temple walkthrough has been added (with the Jungle Cruise going under a bridge within the walkthrough)
  7. Swiss Family Treehouse gets a revamp

rct247

This is current Adventureland. The outer grey is not really available for development without major changes. Note that there is a backstage road that the parade floats and backstage traffic (including emergency traffic) uses that would have to be rerouted. Blue=Pirates, Green=Jungle, Red=Aladdin, Purple=Tiki, Yellow=Treehouse. There looks to be one major expansion pad and some areas to rework near the Treehouse for something small.

10155586_10103506292798058_777749398_n.jpg

Here's what it might look like if you removed the Treehouse, used the extra land for relocated Aladdin and rerouted Jungle, and opened a path up to use the expansion pad. Colors are the same except the Forest Green is the expansion pad, which would probably best be used for something similar to Indy or for a Fire Mountain type concept that would make use of a long queue line/exit. The extra space around the expansion pad is for rerouting the backstage road for parade floats and emergency traffic to use. The only issue is ensuring there still is an emergency pathway between Pirates and Jungle.

1924510_10103506292773108_725079179_n.jpg

That's what you realistically have to work with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom