RDCT and Disneyland Forever: which do you prefer?

Which Disneyland firework show do you prefer?

• Remember... Dreams Come True

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Disneyland Forever

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Both are equally great

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Figments Friend

I actually never saw the Frontierland segment in person, as it was removed. I also appreciated that Remember referenced various attractions that many guests might not even recognize, such as Adventure Thru Innerspace, Submarine Voyage, America Sings and the Country Bear Jamboree. It was obviously a labor of love and truly a tribute to Disneyland, unlike Forever. No offense, but Forever is kind of catering to the lowest common denominator.

The Frontierland section was great in person....it was a shame when that was pulled.
Anyone know why that was cut from the show towards the end of 'Remember...' s run..?
Loved that bit ala 'Shooting Gallery'...and of course, being a big BTMR fan i loved hearing the mine trains whistle through a section.

The 'Haunted Mansion' segment was terrific too...with the interesting use of perimeter pryro, and i loved seeing 'Indiana Jones Adventure' included.

-

D

Deleted member 107043

Speaking of things I can't stand, the Frozen segment in Forever...

I'm kind of ambivalent about Frozen in general, but for me that segment is simply epic. The falling snow on Main Street takes it to another level.

The Frontierland/Big Thunder segment was cut in 2008 as a cost saving measure. RDCT ran quite long in its original format, and removing the segment brought it closer to the run time of an average show.

Twilight_Roxas

Little WoC related. Is it odd in the Disneyland segment they didn't include Big Thunder Mountain, Main Street Electrical Parade, Roger Rabbit's cartoon spin, Indiana Jones: Temple of the Forbidden Eye, and Space Mountain in World of Color: Celebrate?

Sage of Time

Can't vote, as I've only seen Magical and Forever.

I think, though, that Forever would win on the effects and Remember would win for the musical content.

Figments Friend

The Frontierland/Big Thunder segment was cut in 2008 as a cost saving measure. RDCT ran quite long in its original format, and removing the segment brought it closer to the run time of an average show.

Well, that is sad to hear.
It was one of my favorite segments.
At least now i know the reasoning behind it.
:(

Nland316

I like Remember's content better, but am in love with Forever's shells and effects. It'd be a near perfect show if the two were combined. Hard to choose since I love both for different reasons. I do find a huge pet peeve about our firework shows though. Why is it that the lights in the castle forecourt are never turned off during a performance? That's one reason I always hate watching any fireworks directly in front of the castle. It detracts from the show for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom