RDCT and Disneyland Forever: which do you prefer?

Which Disneyland firework show do you prefer?

• Remember... Dreams Come True

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Disneyland Forever

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Both are equally great

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Every time I see Forever, I fall more in love with the show and I'm more and more impressed (the Lion King segment is everything), and I have yet to see the show from each vantage point. In saying this, I'm missing Remember just a little bit. When I first saw Forever, I couldn't help but compare it to Remember. I've come to the conclusion that while Remember has a much better "plot" and "story," Forever's effects are entirely superior to Remember's. Forever is sensory overload, seriously, there is so much going on at once. But "travelling" through Disneyland for Remember is what makes the show so phenomenal.

I really wish the effects used for Forever could have been incorporated into Remember. Each show has something the other doesn't. I'm not entirely sure which one I prefer, but I'm slightly leaning more towards Remember.

So... Remember... Dreams Come True, or Disneyland Forever? I'm curious as to which my fellow Disneylanders prefer. Please don't vote if you've never seen both in person.

Phroobar

I don't like the part of Remember that was lifted from the WDW Wishes show but once they get into the Disneyland ride segment, Remember gets really fun. Disneyland Forever suffers from a way too long Frozen segment. It's like every current show at Disneyland has to have the song Let It Go in it. It's bad enough at Christmas but does it have to be all year long in every show? Disney, it's time to let Frozen go!

SpaceMountain75

I really can't stand the Wishes segment. The only good things about Remember's intro are Tinkerbell and Walt's opening speech.

Speaking of things I can't stand, the Frozen segment in Forever...
The Frozen segment bothers me a little, but not a ton. At least it's not like standing and watching the Frozen Vevo channel for 4 solid minutes in WoC. That I really can't stand.

SpaceMountain75

The entire Let It Go segment in WoC-C is unforgivable and truly pathetic, in my opinion.
Imagineer: "Okay, so the next part of honoring Walt should be his movies. Put in all the classics to bett..."
*door crashes open*
Executive: "Did I hear movie montage? You know what movie people love? Frozen! Put the entire music video in the show!"
Imagineer: "But it's about Walt's legacy and all that he's done for the comp..."
Executive: "Yeah yeah whatever. And also work the Star Wars trailer into the show! People will love it!"

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Imagineer: "Okay, so the next part of honoring Walt should be his movies. Put in all the classics to bett..."
*door crashes open*
Executive: "Did I hear movie montage? You know what movie people love? Frozen! Put the entire music video in the show!"
Imagineer: "But it's about Walt's legacy and all that he's done for the comp..."
Executive: "Yeah yeah whatever. And also work the Star Wars trailer into the show! People will love it!"

I can bet a conversation like that really went down, too.

Twilight_Roxas

Although I wish they added more to the show along with a ending showing a montage of Disney Characters with the current ending like in Disney Dreams.

Figments Friend

Remember...Dreams Come True. There's no comparison. Making the show actually about the park and taking you through all the lands and attractions was just brilliant. Forever is more of a clip show.

Completely agree.
That was exactly my impression seeing 'Disneyland Forever' for the first time two weeks ago.
I purposely avoided all 'spoilers', videos, and threads related to it.
I wanted to go in and see it with my own eyes and decide for myself.

It didn't impress me with all the projections and 'other stuff'.
Seemed a bit overblown.

It starts off so promising.
The 'orange grove' introduction and narrative sets the tone nicely for so much potential to come, but the rest of the show ends up basically being a contemporary version of 'Disney's Greatest Hits'.
I watched it once from Main Street...and afterwards i didn't find it to be particularly moving or memorable.
Something was missing...

To be honest, i actually enjoyed 'Forever' more just watching the pyro from in front of Big Thunder Mountain.
I sat there one evening right in front on the photo spot and watched the sky light up behind the mountain.
Beautiful shell selection...and more appealing to me without the 'busy-ness' of the projections and flying fish.
All the crazy, changing patterns on the buildings just left me cold...and it wasn't from the 'snow' falling during the 'Frozen' segment.
Flashy tech is no substitute for...well, something with substance!
'Forever' felt shallow to me.

'Forever' was not a big deal to me.
Perhaps it will grow on me after a few more visits.

'Remember ....Dreams Come True' is my all-time favorite fireworks presentation to date...right up with EPCOT's 'Illuminations: Reflections of Earth'.
:)

I loved the creativity that was on display during 'Remember....' and how the pyro was cleverly used to represent the different Attractions.
One of the best uses was during the original Frontierland segment, when Sleeping Beauty Castle is used for 'target practice'.
That was just great, and i missed it when that segment was removed.
The fire elements, 'cannonballs', lasers, and Tinkerbells' flight all enhanced it...as did the great music.
Julie Andrews narration was the icing on the cake.
Just a perfect production, even if it did recycle WDW's 'Wishes' theme.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

I actually never saw the Frontierland segment in person, as it was removed. I also appreciated that Remember referenced various attractions that many guests might not even recognize, such as Adventure Thru Innerspace, Submarine Voyage, America Sings and the Country Bear Jamboree. It was obviously a labor of love and truly a tribute to Disneyland, unlike Forever. No offense, but Forever is kind of catering to the lowest common denominator.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom