Rating all the nighttime entertainment across the Domestic U.S. parks!

SoccerLover100

Original Poster
Hello everyone! After the official debut of the new nighttime offerings at Disneyland and DCA, I'm curious to find out what everyone's favorite nighttime entertainment offerings are across the U.S. domestic Disney parks (So all 4 of the Disney World parks and both of the Disneyland parks). Please rank the offerings from your favorite to least favorite offering. The options to choose from are:
Magic Kingdom: MSEP and Wishes
Epcot: Illuminations
Hollywood Studios: Fantasmic!
Disneyland: Paint the Night, Disneyland Forever, and Fantasmic!
DCA: World of Color Celebrate

Thanks everyone!

prberk

Too hard to rank. Basically, they're all good, if not great, but WDW's Fantasmic and World of Color leave something to be desired and they are in no way convenient to view, which sours the experience.

WDW does not have "World of Color," although it does have "Fantasmic." Interesting thing there is that at DHS, "Fanstasmic" is a little inconvenient to get to and a little more sterile an environment (big amphitheatre) with less interesting boats, at least it has great sightlines while you are there. In DL, "Fantasmic" comes on the river in Frontierland on the real boats normally used throughout the day, which I think makes it more interesting and easy to get to; but it also means that, like watching a parade, there may be people in your sight line.

As for the original question, I love Illuminations, but nothing beats watching the fireworks over Cinderella Castle on Main Street, USA, for me. Best of all was not actually "Wishes," which I feel is too contrived for a story, but the original, straightforward, "Fantasy in the Sky," especially the July 4 version before it was recently retired. Best fireworks ever.

George Lucas on a Bench

WOC and WDW Fantasmic are a pain to watch. The great thing about all the other ones is that you can just waltz up around showtime and find a decent spot. Even Paint the Night has proven to be very doable in that regard. With WOC, the viewing stinks unless you Fastpass it, in my opinion, and I don't think the show is worth that much planning and showing up early/getting caught in the sea of people. WDW's Fantasmic is totally inconvenient since you have to show up early and sit and in that terrible stadium, then you're stuck in a sea of people again when it lets out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom