News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Sky

That concept art has got to be too good to be true. The expansion of the back area looks roughly the size of the pavilion itself. God I hope it looks like that! Beautiful!

I was expecting it to simply be a small, repurposed facade, ala Frozen Ever After, but good lord that looks extensive!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That concept art has got to be too good to be true. The expansion of the back area looks roughly the size of the pavilion itself. God I hope it looks like that! Beautiful!

I was expecting it to simply be a small, repurposed facade, ala Frozen Ever After, but good lord that looks extensive!

It took me a few minutes to understand what I was seeing in that art. Finally realized it is this area. The arrow is the POV from the art work.

upload_2017-7-15_21-27-46.png

AshaNeOmah

Walt had nothing to do with the version of EPCOT that was built. This never was his vision to begin with.

Walt never even wanted a Florida park. EPCOT Center fans forget that so quickly.

Disney World was the only way he could convince the corporate sponsors to pay for EPCOT. EPCOT was never realized, the idea that was EPCOT Center never could get past about 1991, and Epcot is going to become a more traditional theme park over the next 10 years. It's time EPCOT Center 'purists' live with that fact or walk away from the whole thing.

No Name

This is one of the announcements I'm most happy about. Which is a bit sad.

So the name of the attraction is Ratatouille: Kitchen Calamity? That's what the concept art suggests, but I'm not sure if that's just a working title.

That's what the ride in WDSP was originally going to be called in, but then they changed it to Ratatouille: Remy's Totally Zany Adventure. I don't exactly know why, but my guess is they realized Kitchen Calamity didn't translate well to French.

I'm glad to see Kitchen Calamity being used for Epcot's version. It's a far better name, in my opinion.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It took me a few minutes to understand what I was seeing in that art. Finally realized it is this area. The arrow is the POV from the art work.

View attachment 215739

Yeah, seems to match up quite nicely with the existing rear of the pavilion. My big question is what is the structure that I marked as "D"? It looks like the structure already exists, but in the concept, it almost looks like a train/trolley station leading into a tunnel...
Capture.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom