Rapid Fill Mug Program Fails (at more ways than you might think)

Goofyernmost

Next soda in 4 minutes and 19 seconds. They should have fast-passed it.

Only Disney could incorporate extended wait lines with getting a soda.
That is refill time on the cup to prevent people from just filling up personal containers with soft drinks. If you can drink your beverage in 4 minutes and 19 seconds, then you can refill that same mug.

tissandtully

Yes, I know, I've found the chip readers in the Freestyle machines much more responsive though.
Universal's Cabana Bay has both fountain and Freestyle and it works great...It's pretty much the same as the Fountain machine...
drinks-to-choose-from.jpg

coke-freestyle-universal-orlando-11-oi.jpg
o

tissandtully

It is odd how Coke has allowed a product that doesn't taste exactly like Coke to exist in these machines. I don't think it tastes terrible, but is a bit different. They've always been pretty meticulous about this.

Fascinating. I've always felt the simplest solution was to have a code embedded in your magic band which would give you access through the electrified fence of the soda acquisition area and, thus, access to your personal soda dispenser (a cast member named Hortense) who would have access to ASoCoVF (A bleepload of Cans of Various Flavors). Lord knows, occasionally telling a person that didn't have an official Disney drink mug not to use the soda dispensers is sheer and utter lunacy. I would guess that most of the company's profits are tied to the overwhelming success of this program.

Also, straight Coke from freestyle machines (I never want any flavorings) tastes like crap. That is all.

toolsnspools

That is refill time on the cup to prevent people from just filling up personal containers with soft drinks. If you can drink your beverage in 4 minutes and 19 seconds, then you can refill that same mug.
I understand how it works. That's why I'll never own another refillable mug. To buy a family of 5 soda for vacation now runs on the order of $100. Forget the soda stream machine, they would need to teleport the soda to my mouth every time I felt thirsty for that price.

Goofyernmost

I understand how it works. That's why I'll never own another refillable mug. To buy a family of 5 soda for vacation now runs on the order of $100. Forget the soda stream machine, they would need to teleport the soda to my mouth every time I felt thirsty for that price.
Sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone, I just didn't realize that you did know. Many don't. I agree with the assessment, not worth the money and then those pesky dentist bills from all the tooth rot.

toolsnspools

Sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone, I just didn't realize that you did know. Many don't. I agree with the assessment, not worth the money and then those pesky dentist bills from all the tooth rot.
Didn't mean to come across as upset. Im really not. The soda thing does strike me as the most gluttonous thing Disney does, so Im sure I tend to be a little short when I talk about it. It's just one more thing I won't do while I'm there. A shame really because it was probably the easiest way for them to "plus" my stay...

Homerclaus

It is odd how Coke has allowed a product that doesn't taste exactly like Coke to exist in these machines. I don't think it tastes terrible, but is a bit different. They've always been pretty meticulous about this.
Honest Question: I've always assumed the water for the machines is plumbed in (I expect as much), but what I really want to know is whether that is the reason the soda tastes off, due to the treated water in Florida (which generally tastes horrible in my opinion).

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I don't like the walk back to the food court area to get soft drinks and as many of you know, I always travel with a crock pot to cook roasts and pork loins whilst at the parks. Anyhoo, I like to grab all 4 of our mugs (timing would be perfect if I had another kid, making it an even 5 mugs....one of my best seduction arguments) and the crock pot ceramic cooking pot (after wiping the delicious pork drippings out). I then perambulate down to the food court area and proceed to fill mug after mug with all the sodas we like and I then dump them into the ceramic pot. Two problems I haven't figured out - 1) the unmixing of the delicious sodas and 2) getting the family to enjoy warm, pork fat enhanced soda like I do.

disney4life2008

Next soda in 4 minutes and 19 seconds. They should have fast-passed it.

Only Disney could incorporate extended wait lines with getting a soda.

The problem was back in the day, people would come in with huge mugs and dare someone bring one of those massive gas Station mugs and fill them up with soda. That coupled with people coming to the resort for the pool was getting out of hand.

I personally hate rapid fill. I am someone who stands at the machine drink 2 cup fulls because im that thirty then fill up again. I learned to live with it when i stay on property. But honestly, it is cheaper just to go to publix and buy a couple of cases.

jaklgreen

The problem was back in the day, people would come in with huge mugs and dare someone bring one of those massive gas Station mugs and fill them up with soda. That coupled with people coming to the resort for the pool was getting out of hand.

We saw a lot of that over the years before they added the rapid fill. It always amazed me that people have the nerve to basically steal all of that soda "just because they paid a lot of money to be here". Theft is theft. Maybe I feel like taking a t-shirt from the gift shop because I gave Disney so much of my money. It is sad that they had to do something to stop such blatant thievery.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We saw a lot of that over the years before they added the rapid fill. It always amazed me that people have the nerve to basically steal all of that soda "just because they paid a lot of money to be here". Theft is theft. Maybe I feel like taking a t-shirt from the gift shop because I gave Disney so much of my money. It is sad that they had to do something to stop such blatant thievery.
Agreed. It always amazes me that people try to defend it too.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

I personally hate rapid fill. I am someone who stands at the machine drink 2 cup fulls because im that thirty then fill up again. I learned to live with it when i stay on property. But honestly, it is cheaper just to go to publix and buy a couple of cases.

The problem of course is that Disney made it 'worth it' for a guest to GO to publix or Wally World to buy a case or two of their favorite beverages.

Disneys greed is now costing them money

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom