Rapid Fill Mug Program Fails (at more ways than you might think)

Mouse_Trap

I wonder if they have any figures on how much the changes are saving them.

I'm not sure how you would best quantify this, but one way would be Oz dispensed vs. amount ($) sold.

StageFrenzy

After that post, they started to be sure that was no longer the case. The machines are now all working as expected. Managers just have to deal with the extra hot chocolate and tea consumption problem. Also, Polynesian does not currently use Rapid Fill.

Is the Poly situation expected to change after the renovations? Or is it a perk of 600 dollar a night rooms?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I don't particularly want to sift thru meandering pages of debate regarding...soda dispensers?!

Can someone kindly provide a detailed instructional of what to expect (and how to use) this RF mug? Thanks in advance.

alissafalco

Bump...

Does anyone know exactly how long you have to wait between re-fills? Im considering get a cup just for the day Im by the pool.

Jon81uk

IIRC, it's a 2 minute wait between fills. I remember hearing that the system could limit you to 3-4 fills an hour, but I haven't read of that actually being implemented anywhere.

paper cups are limited to 3-4 fills in an hour (as you only pay around $3 for the one off cup) but the mugs are as you stated.

G00fyDad

can you bring cups from previous trips, I mean the cups that do have the RFID tags?

No. The cups are programmed for length of stay only. It would be nice if they allowed you to reactivate old cups for a new length of stay at a lower price than a new mug, but we will just have to wait to see if they wake up and see a potential revenue stream there. Who knows. Maybe it would not net enough profit to make a difference. :)

Jon81uk

can you bring cups from previous trips, I mean the cups that do have the RFID tags?

No. The cups are programmed for length of stay only. It would be nice if they allowed you to reactivate old cups for a new length of stay at a lower price than a new mug, but we will just have to wait to see if they wake up and see a potential revenue stream there. Who knows. Maybe it would not net enough profit to make a difference. :)

I've read that they will reactivate old mugs, but there is no discount, so it isn't worth bringing it back with you. If you are paying $17 then you might as well get a new one.

G00fyDad

I've read that they will reactivate old mugs, but there is no discount, so it isn't worth bringing it back with you. If you are paying $17 then you might as well get a new one.

That's what I am talking about. Environmentally speaking it would be better to reuse old RFID mugs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom