random question...

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My best guess would be sometime in the fall or late summer. Here in Wisconsin some of our oaks are already dropping acorns.

stalkingmickey

Ahhh I live in a daily battle with the squirrels between my bird feeders and them chewing through thick hard plastic garbage barrel covers...:banghead: and then they get stuck in the barrel. :confused: a few BB's to the :bawling: and they stay away for a while

Goofyernmost

don't have the answer but that's a fantastic idea for a souvenir!
I guess, not sure why though. It's just a random tree that was growing in Florida, and transplanted into a make-believe land in WDW. It's not like the Declaration of Independence was signed under it. It's just another Oak Tree, one of thousands of trees on the WDW property. Thirteen lanterns hanging off it's branches does not a historic tree make. They were hung on there by some guy in coveralls and a hardhat. Guess I'm just not a collector so I don't understand. I know this is grounds for getting thrown off both this board and WDW property, but, I have never purchased a pin either. (Gasp!)

Goofyernmost

Ahhh I live in a daily battle with the squirrels between my bird feeders and them chewing through thick hard plastic garbage barrel covers...:banghead: and then they get stuck in the barrel. :confused: a few BB's to the :bawling: and they stay away for a while
So that would be where the old saying...."Get the lead out of your " came from? There's more that can be said, but, in showing respect to the family nature of the boards I will refrain. :joyfull: Squirrels, Acorns, shot in butts, it's all just to much.:jawdrop::in pain:

mrerk

Premium Member
I guess, not sure why though. It's just a random tree that was growing in Florida, and transplanted into a make-believe land in WDW. It's not like the Declaration of Independence was signed under it. It's just another Oak Tree, one of thousands of trees on the WDW property. Thirteen lanterns hanging off it's branches does not a historic tree make. They were hung on there by some guy in coveralls and a hardhat. Guess I'm just not a collector so I don't understand. I know this is grounds for getting thrown off both this board and WDW property, but, I have never purchased a pin either. (Gasp!)

True, but if you are going to try to grow a tree, why not from a Disney acorn? I think it would be a cool idea.

DizneyPryncess

I love this idea for a souvenir. Never gave it a second thought, but next time I visit in the fall I'll be on the lookout for a Disney acorn!

cynic710

NO PINS, GET HIM!

well of course the realism behind it is nothing, but to some, its like getting a chunk of dirt from the pitchers mound at the old yankee stadium...sure, some hard-hat wearing dude planted it, but its the memories tied to it. And for the time being, its still free, so theres that...

Jkata87

Original Poster
but they make a deal that there's tons of trees grown from that one. we want a tree and in 10 15 years being able to say this tree comes from the liberty oak in Disney would be cool. I just don't know if they clean them up good or what anyone going soon if you could look for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom