Rainy Day at Disney Suggestions

Redsky89

I love the parks when its raining. It really clears the crowds out. Unless its raining severely hard I'd do a park. Downtown Disney is also not crowded on a rainy day.

bcalltimandanna

Original Poster
Awesome! Keep em comin! It actually probably will thin out the Easter crowds a little. And we have an 815 ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe, so we will have a safe haven...haha. We can always just go have fun in the arcade back at the hotel! Although, that may be the most packed place of all.

JohnD

Oh, poncho tip...if you buy a Disney poncho and it rips, exchange it at any of the gift shops. They should give you a new one free of charge.

Unless you want a "Disney Parks" poncho to begin with, be aware they cost a lot more than you would if you bought one at a regular retailer. I suggest purchasing them before arriving. Agree about almost no one in the parks. I didn't have a flexible schedule last 4/8--that was my AK day. We were going regardless. But it rained that day and kept people away. Good timing for us because on our check-out day, 4/9, I'm told that crowds increased by as much as 4 times at all the parks!

KCheatle

Trudge. :p No, but seriously, one of the best days we've ever ever ever had at MK was a day when it was raining cats and dogs! We walked on every ride! We also got to experience a really cool character encounter. My DH went into the old Kodak theater (pre-M&G makeover) and asked where the characters went when it was raining that do M&Gs on Mainstreet USA. The guy said to wait a second, and then out he came with Pluto, Chip and Dale! It was in a room off to the side of the main store, so no one really saw us back there and my DD (3 at the time) got to play with them for awhile as it rained outside.

198953_803766258983_7644125_n.jpg

Later that night, my DD, DH and I all sat on the curb to watch Spectromagic. The park had by and large cleared out from the rain so we had no problem getting curb-site seats right outside of the confectionery. At the end of the parade came Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. She was on the other side of the street when she turned and saw my DD. I heard her say "Oh!! Look how cute you are" as she bee-lined over to us. She kneeled down, cupped my DD's cheeks and planted a big red kiss right on her forehead!

Magical things happen when it rains at WDW ;)

KLinder7

Last Saturday in March went to AK for bfast before park opened and then did almost everything by 2 except Dinosaur. 2pm comes and it starts to pour so ended up being perfect timing for Dinosaur since it's inside. Rain stops around 7 so go to HS and park was pretty empty. As long as it's still safe got my vote for parks in the rain!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As mentioned by others...Ponchos. Everyone is right, rain is great. It cools the day down and clears out the parks.

The only thing I'll add is to make sure that you have shoes that are water tolorant. I wear my Keen sandles, and they work great. However, I've gone in leather flip flops before and it's rained and the flip flops become slick and unwearable.

Just wear some nice shoes that don't freak out when they get soaked and turn into foot sponges (like some sneakers do).

75disney

I always root for rainy days for our MK visits. If it is an all day rain or half day rain, the crowds are thin and you can walk on or have a short wait for all the rides. People think I am crazy for wanting rain, but after reading this thread apparently I am not. Let's keep this tip amongst us; look what happened to the "quiet" times of year tip.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Rainy days aren't my favorite at Disney, but they do have a way of clearing out the park. I would buy more sturdy ponchos than the dollar store ones for full days of rain. We also bring Wal-Mart type of plastic bags with us to put the ponchos in while we are indoors or on a ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom