Rainforest Cafe? (Animal Kingdom)

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
Recently booked dinner reservations there. Never been.

Looks cool in the pIctures , and we like what the menu looks like.

Any reviews/opinions of this place. (We are a large family of 8)

belledream

I like it. It's fun. Most people complain about the food, but it's fine to me for what it is.
I agree completely! The food tastes good (not GREAT) - the menu is extensive so you will find something for everyone. We love it for the atmosphere. There's so much to look at and the theme is just really immersive.

daisyduckie

I like it! It is pretty darned loud, so be prepared for that. But the menu is huge, so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone to find something they like to eat. If you like salmon, their tribal salmon is very tasty.

MickeyMomV

We think it is a little over rated. The theming was good and the food was about the level of some of the better QS on property. We ate there once to say that we have been there but have not been back. Keep in mind that it is not disney themed and it is a chain that is the same set up as the other 30 or so locations in the US.

tigger1968

It's not bad. As others have said, huge menu so lots of choices. I feel it's a better experience than the one at DTD. The atmosphere is fun, a little tacky, but worth doing if you haven't been to one before.

SnarkyMonkey

It's one of those places that has a huge menu with tons of options and, therefore, most items are mediocre. It is loud and themed very much the same as other large family-oriented theme restaurants throughout the country. And as someone else already mentioned, this is not a Disney restaurant so you can visit other RFCs throughout the country. Why waste a Disney dinner opportunity? I suppose the kids would get a kick out of it but there are lots of other places with much better food that are themed in ways that kids would enjoy.

alissafalco

We enjoyed out meals there a couple weeks ago. Its a cool atmosphere.
IMG_7724.JPG
IMG_7725.JPG

Disneykings

Does anyone know if the breakfast has a vegetarian option? We are planning on our daughters 8th birthday day in animal kingdom and wanted a Africa themed day as its her dream to go one day. Was thinking late breakfast in Rainforest Cafe / Late lunch in Tusker House. Any thoughts would be greatfully excepted.. Thanks

SDisney90

I personally like the Rainforest Cafe in DTD ...springs, whatever. The one near AK has a lot of monkey animatronics that are kind of annoying. DTD has a different feel to it IMO and the food well, is sort of luck my local TGIFridays its good, but not great worth the experience.

Disneykings

Thanks so much SDinsey90. Its so hard having never been before, DTD was my first choice for Rainforest cafe as we are staying at Saratoga Springs but wanted her to have a perfect day. DLP is so much easier to organise :arghh:

SDisney90

Thanks so much SDinsey90. Its so hard having never been before, DTD was my first choice for Rainforest cafe as we are staying at Saratoga Springs but wanted her to have a perfect day. DLP is so much easier to organise :arghh:

You're very welcome! Yeah DTD is definitely better IMO especially being right across your resort. Sometimes, that's the fun of the vacation, going on a limb trying new things regardless what people think. Some of my best meals/experiences come from things people say are so-so and I end up loving them. If you need anything just ask we are all here to help. Just keep in mind sometimes trying to plan that "perfect" vacation can also be the down fall, remember you're there to have the time of your life!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom