Rain ponchos?

TheBeastMom

NO UMBRELLAS at eye level PULEEZE.........

I wear a wide brimmed waterproof hat....and I pack a small poncho from Walmart that has gotten us through 2 trips so far. WHY? because when it rains you cannot tell who is who..there is a sea of Disney Ponchos.

if my bright colored poncho rips I carry duct tape to decorate the tear.
AND Duct Tape does hold the universe together.......

dadddio

We own four of the yellow Mickey ponchos, but don't bring them to the parks anymore. dealing with them once they are wet became a hassle. Instead, we pack enough disposables so that every person has one for each day. We keep a set of them in the park bag and break them out at about three-thirty or four o'clock when the daily monsoon hits. Forty-five minutes later, the rain is done for the day and we can throw them away.

PARichards

We own four of the yellow Mickey ponchos, but don't bring them to the parks anymore. dealing with them once they are wet became a hassle. Instead, we pack enough disposables so that every person has one for each day. We keep a set of them in the park bag and break them out at about three-thirty or four o'clock when the daily monsoon hits. Forty-five minutes later, the rain is done for the day and we can throw them away.

This is a great idea, as I will probably end up carrying all the wet stuff when the rain stops, and just no thankyouverymuch.

Doc Disney

I actually do well with just a North Face rain jacket…but did also get Disney ponchos that worked much better than the Dollar Tree Ones we got :) The only problem we had was my Dad kept forgetting his so we ended up buying a ton throughout the trip haha

mousehockey37

I actually do well with just a North Face rain jacket…but did also get Disney ponchos that worked much better than the Dollar Tree Ones we got :) The only problem we had was my Dad kept forgetting his so we ended up buying a ton throughout the trip haha

Yeah, the Dollar store ones changed at some point over the last 2 years and ours didn't last. Definitely make sure you have them before you go though. We got stuck in DHS at the shop across from TSMM and the CM broke out a box of ponchos and was selling them for $9 a piece.

dadddio

The dollar store ones are junk, but we like them for the intended use. We don't expect anything from them beyond their ability to keep us dry during a single rain storm. After that, they go in the trash.

These cheapos are actually 1000 times better than the junk ones that we ended up buying one time. We had just arrived at the Great Wall when a huge rain storm was just about to start. We were not about to skip that part of our trip, so we bought a couple cheapo ponchos for way too much from a vendor. Those cheapos shredded as we were putting them on.

NeedMoreMickey

Depending on what time of year we go if I carry a poncho or light rain jacket. I like being able to put my jacket on if I get chilly in a restaurant. Also I'll take a hat never an umbrella because I like to have my hands free

Herah

After struggling with drying and storing them for several years, I now pack several sets of $1 ponchos and I'm much happier. But the 2-for-a-dollar ones didn't work out that well. They turned out to be head and shoulders only.

ratherbeinwdw

Amazon now has the throw away ponchos with long sleeves with elastic in the cuff. You get several colors. They come 8 for around 17.00.

lilclerk

It depends on the cast member Im sure but last year a cast member replaced one of our yellow ones if that tells you how old it was.
I don't think it matters who you go to. The shop at POFQ replaced mine a couple of weeks ago, no questions asked. She just handed me a new one, and threw out the old one.

BiffyClyro

Pretty much every "Disney travel tip" guide says to buy rain ponchos at home to avoid having to buy one at the parks, but can anyone comment on where you have found them? I've looked at the dollar store and Walmart so far with no luck.

Search mac in a bag and you can get cheap fold away rain macs that aren't as hideous as the human condom that is the disney poncho. Also, fashion sites like boohoo do some cute patterned/ or just plain coloured ones if you wanted cuter/ more stylish but cheap macs.

Simba's Mom

We've had our yellow Disney ponchos for over 20 years and they're still fine. I know, I sound like a Disney commercial, but I really do think they're a best buy. And since Disney's ponchos aren't yellow now, we can find each other! However, I must admit that I do kind of miss the days of the sea of yellow ponchos in the rain.

SteamboatJoe

I'll echo the sentiment that the cheaper options at the Dollar Store and other places are just that, cheap. Very thin, not durable, and not effective in heavy rain. The Disney ones, while not cheap, are better quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom