R C T 2: Screenshots!

CrashNet

Original Poster
Rct 2 Screenshots!!!!!!!

Here are the first screenshots from RCT II!!! They are a little crude, but they are definetly RCT II!!! Credit goes to Gamespot.com, the origin of these screenshots.

MAN DO THEY LOOK GOOD OR WHAT!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR BIGGER PICTURES SO YOU CAN SEE MORE OF THE DETAILS!!!:D :D :D :D :D

EDITED: I changed the links to the pictures. Hopefully these are faster.

EDITED: To view the pictures now, click on the link in my signature. Thanks!

.|
.|
.|
\ /
.v

radioandy

Thanks for the posts! I especially like the "wall and roof" window. It looks like it will be easier to build actual buildings. I don't see anything showing off how you can "get closer to the action" as advertised...but then they probably don't want to reveal everything.

Tom Morrow

Here are the same pictures, but they load faster:

http://www.us.infogrames.com/e3/index.php?title=Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Personally, I'm very disapointed. This is the exact same game with a few small features added. It would have just been an add-on of the first RCT wasn't already pushed to the limits. They didn't even attempt to make the rollercoasters a bit more realistic! The same physics and transition problems are still present! Yep, I'm very disapointed. :mad:

CrashNet

Original Poster
Well...

I'm sceptical, but not disappointed. I'm going to wait a little longer to see what else shows up in screenshots later on. Remember these are the very first screenshots ever released. A lot can happen from the time the first screenshots are released to the time the actual game is released. As for releasing RCT 2 instead of an expansion pack, many technical things under the skin were changed. One good example is that Chris Sawyer added another layer of AI to the guests. Things in the game may not have been changed, but IMPROVED. The only way I will become disappointed is if the gameplay stays almost completely the same and Chris hasn't made/doesn't make enough drastic changes. Here's hopin'!

orlandoparks

Originally posted by radioandy
Thanks for the posts! I especially like the "wall and roof" window. It looks like it will be easier to build actual buildings. I don't see anything showing off how you can "get closer to the action" as advertised...but then they probably don't want to reveal everything.

It would be cool if you could ride the ride.

CrashNet

Original Poster
Originally posted by NowInc

Never gunna happen..

...im not too impressed so far with the screen shots....

Just out of curiousity, what did you want to see that wasn't in the first set of screenshots. I understand it does look a little to much like the first RCT, but according to gamespot.com, the game is only in the ALPHA stage. Matter of fact, here is the story gamespot did yesterday:

At the 2002 Electronic Entertainment Expo today in Los Angeles, Infogrames gave GameSpot a demonstration of RollerCoaster Tycoon II, its upcoming sequel to one of the best-selling PC games of the past few years. Like its predecessor, RollerCoaster Tycoon II will let players create and manage their own theme park. It will improve on the previous game with an expanded map size, enhanced graphics and sound, higher coaster height limits, better animation, a scenario editor, and a new track-designer tool.
Senior Producer Thomas Zahorik showed off Magic Mountain, one of the game's five prebuilt theme parks based on actual Six Flags theme parks. The design of the park and the coasters was immediately recognizable to anyone who's been to the real Magic Mountain, and it gave the park a great sense of realism. Like the original, the new game will be played from an isometric perspective, but the increased map size and better graphics make it more visually pleasing. The improved animations also give life to the theme parks, with hordes of visitors wandering around and riding coasters and a variety of animated decorative elements adding color to the scene.

The new game will include a scenario editor that lets scenario designers create a scenario based on a saved game and determine a player's initial access to tracks and other theme park parts. They can also adjust the initial amount of money, the type of park visitors available, and the scenario goals. In addition to the scenario editor, the game will feature a track-designer tool that lets players create and edit isolated roller coasters outside of the scenario environment. These coasters, which can now be built up to approximately 400 feet in height, can then be saved and imported into the different theme parks.

While the developer hasn't finalized the system requirements for the new game, Infogrames expects the requirements to be low, though probably not as low as the original game due to increased map size and more animations. RollerCoaster Tycoon II is currently in the alpha stage of development and is scheduled for release this fall. We'll post more information about the game as it becomes available.

They go into a little more detail on what exactly is changed in the new game. As I said before, I'm not totally impressed, but I'm willing to wait a little while and see the progress they make as the game gets further into development.

CrashNet

Original Poster
Oh yeah

I also meant to comment on being able to ride the rides. As NowInc said, never gonna happen. In order to ride the rides and keep the same isometric view, Chris would have to build and add a 3d engine to RCT, basically making it two games in one. This would take a long time to develop properly and would probably increase the price of the game. Besides, it just wouldn't be RCT.

juan

Wow those look really neat.
While they do look similar to RCT I know there will be plenty of differences by the time it comes out.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
The screen shots kinda got me down....
I have RCT 1 and all the expansion packs.... and RCT II looks the same.. I dunno if I will get this one... If it has alot of new stuff...and some really cool upgrades...ie theaming, rides, shops, diffrent options and such... I might get it... but...Have to wait until the reviews come out.:)

I read that they will have several Six flags parks availble to play and work with... I hope they have the one by my house... Great America.

CrashNet

Original Poster
Hmmmm...

I can't tell you whether or not Great America is one of the prebuilt parks in the game, but I can prove to you that Magic Mountain is one of the five prebuilt Six Flags parks for RCT II. This is from a gamespot.com story written yesterday:

Senior Producer Thomas Zahorik showed off Magic Mountain, one of the game's five prebuilt theme parks based on actual Six Flags theme parks. The design of the park and the coasters was immediately recognizable to anyone who's been to the real Magic Mountain, and it gave the park a great sense of realism. Like the original, the new game will be played from an isometric perspective, but the increased map size and better graphics make it more visually pleasing. The improved animations also give life to the theme parks, with hordes of visitors wandering around and riding coasters and a variety of animated decorative elements adding color to the scene.

As for the screenshots, as I said before, I'll just have to wait and see what shows up in future screenshots, particularily when larger, higher quality screenshots are released. I just hope its not too much like RCT I.

Testtrack321

Remember, still in beta, lots can change. From what it looks like, there will be LOTS of new rides, some include X style and others. Also, it looks like there will be more options for preexisting rides (in one photo, you can see a cable car on a train tracks.)

CrashNet

Original Poster
Update...

Here is a new screenshot from the actual show itself. It shows two plasma screens with RCT II running on them.

13.jpg

Also, here is a list compiled by someone over at themeparkreview.com who is attending E3 and had a chance to play one of the scenarios:

- 4D (Arrow Dynamics)
- Banked Lateral Curve Drop
- Floorless carriages on Suspended Coaster
- Speed Racer (Schwartzkopf)
- Top Spin
- Soap Box Derby Racers
- Giant Drop Tower
- Toffee Apple Stall
- Simultaneous Load and Unload platforms
- Impulse Coaster (Intamin AG)
- Multi-layered Pathways
- Custom Roofing
- Yogurt Stall
- Absolutely Insane Slingshot Ride (S&S)
- River Rafts Ride
- Spinning Wild Mouse Coaster
- Blocking System
- Shuttle Coasters Now Go Backwards Through Station
- Added Detail On Pathways Showing Stairs
- SkyCoaster Ride
- Windows On Ghost Train Building
- Giant Inverted Boomerang (Vekoma)
- Vertical Twist Drop On Some Kinds of Coasters
- Catwalk on Lift, Block, and Brake-run
- Giovanola HyperCoaster Trains
- Intamin Spineless Track Coaster(aka Box Track)
- Overhead Path & Queue Covers
- New Plants
- Enable User To Self Locate Park Entrance
- Splash Boat
- ATM Machine
- Parachute Drop Tower
- Tram Ride
- Gradual Cresting Of Hills
- On-Ride Photo On Log Flume
- First Aid Kiosk
- New Monorail Vehicles

Keep checking back, as I will do my best to give you all of the latest updates! :D

CrashNet

Original Poster
Update....

I just found some more of the confirmed additions to RCT II. Here they are:

-Intamin Mega/Giga Coasters
-Intamin Impulse
-Intamin Looper
-G-Tec Hyper Coaster
-Premier LIM Bowl
-Arrow Hyper
-Schwarzkopf Jet Star
-Arrow 4D
-B&M Flyer
-Soap Box Racer
-Vekoma Swinging Floorless
-Reverchon Mouse
-Mack Mine Train

Here are some of the additions to the game so far:

-Picnic tables
-Transfer track
-Stairs
-Medical assistants
-Banked drops
-Roofs over paths
-Varied width of paving
-Stairs on lift hills and brake runs
-Twisting vertical drops
-Separate loading and unloading platforms
-Higher Height Limit
-Better Transitions between track segments

As for the Rollercoaster types, I'm not to sure about some of the names and what exactly they are. This list was not changed, but pasted, so some of the things on the list are duplicates from my last post. This list was found on the RCT Station Forums and was posted by an attendee of E3.

NowInc

My friend at E3 informed me that the game runs a LOT smoother now (he said it was very noticeable)...and that even tho the game looks generally the same..it is warranted as a sequal.

radioandy

I see that many of the ride editions correspond to actual rides at Six Flags parks, which are included in the game. I wonder if that deal includes Six Flags' rides based on Looney Tunes, Superman, etc.
Could we have Bugs Bunny entertainers in the park?!

I also see there are wide-path options. Let's hope the peeps know how to navigate them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom