Quitting seasonal

krs950

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

I am currently a seasonal Cast Member, and have been since my college program ended back in May 2013. I would love to have a career with Disney, and this is part of the reason I went seasonal in the first place; so I could stay connected to the company while still in college. My goal is to do a PI right after I graduate, which will be next spring.

Seasonal has been wonderful but I've realized in order to graduate, have a professional resume, and be qualified for a PI, I'll probably have to quit seasonal so I can focus on local internships over this summer. Right now, finding an internship within my field of study is more important, and I simply won't be able to fulfill the 150 hour deadline if I'm doing an internship in my city this summer.

My questions for you guys:
Will separating from the company (on a positive re-hire status) affect my chances of being chosen for a PI? If I were to stay seasonal, would it increase my chances when applying for PI?

What is the proper way to quit when you're seasonal? I'm assuming sending an email to my managers explaining the situation is the most appropriate way to do this, since I'm not in a place where I can actually talk to them face to face?

Thank you in advance for any advice or insights, and hopefully this topic hasn't been covered already... I couldn't find it anywhere.

krs950

Original Poster
Hey!
My major is Organizational Leadership (Human Resources emphasis)

Some of the internships I'm interested are: Compensation, Learning Analytics & Evaluation, Workforce Planning, Employee Relations-Investigation, etc. I'm also interested in MIs in Park Ops or Education, plus several of the Alumni Only internships. I think my concern is that I'm currently not qualified enough for the internships, so getting one in town would prepare me better and give me more resume experience for when I do apply

krs950

Original Poster
Wow, congrats on the accounting role, that's incredible! Thank you for the encouragement, it means a lot and was what I was hoping to hear. I originally figured I could fit in internships and maintain seasonal status but I've realized life is not always that accommodating (as Danielia agreed) and while Disney is my long term goal, school needs to be my main short-term goal in order to make things work.

Best of luck to you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom