Quirk with how MDE treats 12:00 am

JohnD

Original Poster
I added the four times scheduled for Hocus Pocus Spelltacular to my MDE. One of the times is "12:00 am". MDE treats it as if it is at the start of the day before anything else that morning instead of at the end of the day.

It would seem that a day on MDE is 12:00am - 11:59pm instead of 12:01am - 12:00am.

I contacted WDW to point this out.

10-31.jpg

WhatJaneSays

This is semi-normal for MDE. In most cases "days" in the system are 6:00 AM to 5:59: AM. So most things that happen after midnight tend to show up in the morning of the "previous" day; this eliminates issues with having to display two days of itinerary on the website/app when it's really all the same business day.

Last edited:

JohnD

Original Poster
This is semi-normal for MDE. In most cases "days" in the system are 6:00 AM to 5:59: PM. So most things that happen after midnight tend to show up in the morning of the "previous" day; this eliminates issues with having to display two days of itinerary on the website/app when it's really all the same business day.

So what it should be the actual day. As for midnight, I believe it should be counted as the last minute of the day not the first minute. In MDE, it portrays a complete inaccurate picture as it shows an event occurring before it is actually happening.

I get how something at 1am is "late night" of the previous day but that should show for the next day. But with midnight, especially when giving tirnes for a party that lasts 7pm to midnight, the show for midnight should be shown at the end of the day not before the party starts let alone before MK opens on the day of the party.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom