Quick/ short trip Part 3 - Day 2 AK

Feeling refreshed after six hours of sleep we head for our first park of the day, AK. Unfortunately, we get there around 9:30 so there’s already a 10 minute line to get into the park not to mention the 10,000 people already in the park.

We head over to Safari, grab our fast passes and double back to Dinoland. Dinosaur is a walk on. We ride twice. Next is Primeval Whirl -10 min. It’s the first time we have done this one and it’s pretty good.

We hasten over to Rapids to get our next fast pass. Surprisingly there it’s only 10 Min Stand by. We decide to ride. (I’m a bit disappointed with Rapids. It really short and not much happening. I think IOA did a better job with Popeye.) We don’t get too wet. Anyway, is got to be 100 degrees so we can use the hydration.

Next iisSafari. Stand By is 60 Min. We have the usual mixed feelings as we breeze by everybody waiting in line. Joy and Happiness. Safari was OK though there weren’t many animals out due to the heat. We didn’t even see the lion up on the rock. I have heard that they air condition the underside of the rock to get the lion to sit up there. Could Be. We had a suit type riding in front with the Driver which was a confirmation that it was our guide’s first trip out though it wasn’t hard to tell anyway. No problem, people have to start somewhere. After the ride the suit had as all give our guide a round of applause on her successful maiden voyage.( careship, I know what you’re thinking)

Time for the 12:00 Lion King show. On the way over we grab fast passes for the Bug show.

LK Show was great as always. They had people packed to the rafters though it was surprisingly cool so I guess some sections get warmer that others.

After the show we walk around a bit and take in the ambience. I wasn’t all that excited about AK when it first opened but I’ve grown to like it. Must be part of the aging process. But I digress. We see the Bug show. Still great.

It’s now about 1:30. Exit Park. Epcot and MS? Here we come!

careship

I love your reports, can't wait for the rest. And geesh.....how do you know me so well already??? Do you really think I was going to mention your quickie trip out on the safari with a maidens first time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom