quick service meals

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Epcot
World Showcase Yorkshire is my favorite. Very Fresh and tasty. Sitting in the back by the garden is peaceful and pretty.
Future World Sunshine. Plenty of tables, some very good comfort food. Excellent air conditioning. Best Desserts for QS. We usually hit this one at least 2x a trip.

Animal Kingdom-Very good food that is a step above most quick service. Real meat for $$$, plenty of food. Lots of table, covered walkways if raining. Downside is it is outdoor seating. Depending on the season and the weather at the moment is can go from just a bit too warm to eat outside in that park or beyond the beautiful scenery in temps that are not extreme for Florida. We usually hit this one at least once a trip.

Dad 2 M & M

Specific to your request:

AK
A lot more happnin in the food arena nowadays:

Yak and Yeti Local Foods - would NOT get the rib tips

EPCOT
Electric Umbrella - get the veggie flatbread

Hope this helps....

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Provided the topic is QS meals.

MK - Take a walk to the Contemporary and visit Contempo Cafe or a boat to the Polynesian and stop in at Captain Cooks. There's really no good quick service at MK and what you will find is overpriced and very underwhelming for what it is. If you can't leave the park, Columbia Harbour House is OK if you can get past the smell, or I suppose anywhere but Cosmic Ray's.

EP - Tangierine Cafe, Boulangerie Patisserie, La Cantina de San Angel, Katsura Grill, or Lotus Blossom. I used to be a real fan of Sunshine Seasons, but the last 4 or 5 times I've been it wasn't good at all. The food quality is terrible. Same with Electric Umbrella which is a shame.

HS - Sunset Ranch Market is the best of the worst. The food is decent, but the portions are much smaller than they used to be and the prices have gone way up.

AK - Flame Tree BBQ, Harambe Market. There really isn't anything else at AK that's any good in my opinion.

Last edited:

MickeyfromSTL

At Epcot, my favorite quick service is La Cantina de San Angel. This is the counter service restaurant in Mexico. They have good salsa so make sure to stop by the self service bar for the salsa and make sure to get some chips if they do not come with your meal.

At Epcot I also like Sommerfest for a snack. They have good brats and German pretzels.

Sunshine Seasons is also good in future world.

Over at the AK, we usually get the counter service YaK and Yeti for lunch. The teriyaki beef bowl is good. Personally not real impressed with the honey chicken.

mouse_luv

Animal Kingdom-Yak and Yeti take out window
EPCOT-Lotus Blossom Cafe in China WS, Cantina San Angel in Mexico WS, Liberty Inn in the American Adventure Pavilion, and Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion.
MK-If the Tomorrowland Terrace is open for lunch then that's my fave, Friars Nook has decent loaded mac and cheese that's very filling, Pinocchio Village Haus is ok, and if you must Cosmic Rays. I'm not much of a fan of Peco's Bills anymore now that it's knockoff SWestern food. My choice personally if you are able to leave the Park and re-enter is to go over to Captain Cooks at the Poly, Gasparilla Grill at GF, or Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge(which is closed til further notice for refurb).

I hope this helps!

Simba's Mom

At Epcot I like Tangerine Cafe. At Animal Kingdom, Pizzafari because it's indoors and air conditioned. I avoid outdoor spots now since I was at Yak and Yeti outdoor cafe one day, got up to throw something away, and immediately a bird came to land on my food and steal a piece of chicken. Not trusting the cleanliness of the bird's feet nor that he didn't poop in my food, the rest of the meal went into the garbage.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Any suggestions of quick service restaurants?? Mostly looking for animal kingdom and Epcot.

I really like Be Our Guest for lunch at MK. As well as Pecos Bill, Columbia House, and Pinocchio Haus. At AK, our favorite has been Yak and Yeti. At Epcot, there are TOO many choices! So many amazing places to grab a snack and bite to eat. I love Epcot because you can find what ever you fancy! At DHS, Rizzos!

carriebeth

MK- Be Our Guest for lunch! you have to reserve in advance but i like the lunch food better than dinner. Plus you get to see the inside but its much easier to book than dinner.

I like Pecos Bills too.

Epcot- Sunshine Season used to be a must do for us. However, last trip the food was pretty bad. We had a variety of items from all different stations and it all was much worse than we have ever had there. Also, in the past it was a great place to go because counter service on the dining plan included a dessert. NOw thats not the case anymore. The dessert choices at Sunshine Season were great...huge variety and some really good items.

WE like the counter service in Mexico.

Animal- Yak and Yeti is enjoyed by my family. They have a burger for sure and maybe a hotdog? dont remember. But those that don't care to eat the asian food and get that. My children like the honey chicken.

Flame Tree is another must for us.

HOllywood- Fairfax has a new menu that we haven't tried yet but it looks similiar to items at Pecos Bill so we will try that next trip. ABC has a menu that includes some different choices than the rest of the park. Its been a couple years since we ate there but this year we will probably try it again. Most other locations are pretty sparse in menu choices. Burgers, chicken nuggets etc. I have a large crowd to keep happy and like places that offer more menu choices and a good variety so everyone stays happy

contrariwise

At AK, we have eaten at Flame Tree, Harambe Market and Mr. Kamal's for snacks. Nobody complained, but I don't think any of it was just amazing.

Epcot is a different story. In Future World, I would go to Sunshine Seasons because they have such a wide selection. But it is hit and miss. I've had very good food, and pretty ordinary food there. If you can, go to World Showcase for food. My longtime fave is Tangierine Café, but the last few trips, we have gone to the patisserie in France. It exceeds expectations. My husband does love getting a brat in Germany at Sommerfest, and they now have this decadent mac and cheese they call "nudel gratin".

Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom