Quick Service fountain beverage price increases now in effect

MasterJedi

This is a marketing scheme. When you go to purchase a refreshment the large drink looks like a better deal because it is only 20 cents more and you get more quantity. Majority of people will make this observation and purchase the larger drink. Disney will sell more large drinks now than before because of this new change. Its great business sense but it hurts people that are already on a very tight budget.

Figmentation

This is a marketing scheme. When you go to purchase a refreshment the large drink looks like a better deal because it is only 20 cents more and you get more quantity. Majority of people will make this observation and purchase the larger drink. Disney will sell more large drinks now than before because of this new change. Its great business sense but it hurts people that are already on a very tight budget.

Yeah I know... yay for indirect upselling :p

Figmentation

Yes, I usually get a cup of water at MK and then fill a water bottle. We don't normally drink a lot of soda, but when you're running on fumes, the sugar helps to perk you up a little, haha.

Thats why I bring Mio/Crystal Light/Kool Aid... and so on. I also fill up from the Bathrooms because the water is actually cold in there.

Again, nothing wrong about the price raise... I'll probably get a soda during my meals, but flavored water is the way to go to save money (...at a place where you're already spending a arm and a leg... >_>)

MasterJedi

Thats why I bring Mio/Crystal Light/Kool Aid... and so on. I also fill up from the Bathrooms because the water is actually cold in there.

Again, nothing wrong about the price raise... I'll probably get a soda during my meals, but flavored water is the way to go to save money (...at a place where you're already spending a arm and a leg... >_>)

Im not trying to sound rude, but bathroom water? You know you can get free ice water from just about any QS. My wife and I do bring grocery store brand water flavor to mix in our ice water...gets rid of the metal taste in Disney water.

Figmentation

Im not trying to sound rude, but bathroom water? You know you can get free ice water from just about any QS. My wife and I do bring grocery store brand water flavor to mix in our ice water...gets rid of the metal taste in Disney water.

Never had any problem with the bathroom water. It tastes better than the fountain, has less germs (Trust me, I worked custodial for disney, we disinfected EVERYTHING), and it is cold.

QS water means getting in line. I'm at Disney: I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THAT

Sides, that is what the flavoring is for, adds sugar/hides metal taste.

Kman101

Because I don't pay attention to this, is the water in the dining locations from the beverage station, or is just simply tap water? So 'bathroom water' would likely be the same, unless they have different lines for fountains and for washing your hands? I don't know haha. Just throwing it out there, it could all very well come from the same place (in a sense).

MasterJedi

Because I don't pay attention to this, is the water in the dining locations from the beverage station, or is just simply tap water? So 'bathroom water' would likely be the same, unless they have different lines for fountains and for washing your hands? I don't know haha. Just throwing it out there, it could all very well come from the same place (in a sense).

I think ultimately they could come from the same source. If you ask for ice water at a QS they will give you literally a cup of water with ice. haha This is as cold as you can get it on those hot Florida days. It does come out of the soda fountain, but may be tap. I still prefer to use water from a soda fountain that is intended for consumption. (unless you are in urgent need and have a filtered bottle...I would stay away from the bathroom water IMO)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom