Quick Hard Rock Cafe story

captainkidd

Original Poster
Went to Hard Rock for dinner. They give you a slip so they can take a picture then bring it to your table. Girl takes slip and takes picture. We go to hostess stand and hostess asks me for the slip. I tell her the photographer took it. She says "Well, I can't seat you without it." So I said "OK", and we walked out.

Good customer service.

We ended up going next door to Toothsome. Very good and less expensive than Hard Rock.

mergatroid

Went to Hard Rock for dinner. They give you a slip so they can take a picture then bring it to your table. Girl takes slip and takes picture. We go to hostess stand and hostess asks me for the slip. I tell her the photographer took it. She says "Well, I can't seat you without it." So I said "OK", and we walked out.

Good customer service.

We ended up going next door to Toothsome. Very good and less expensive than Hard Rock.

Never had an issue at the Hard Rock but glad you had a good evening still next door.

captainkidd

Original Poster
Never had an issue at the Hard Rock but glad you had a good evening still next door.

Neither have we. We're Rewards members, eat at different ones quite a bit. It's not gourmet, but it's good. The attitude on this hostess was lousy. I hate to say it, but on this trip, I have to give employee friendliness to Disney.

OT: Staying at Hard Rock like we normally do. Never used the ATM here. Just went down to get some cash. $6.00 surcharge!!!!! That is absurd. I thought I was at a strip club in Vegas.

These are the little things Universal needs to work on. I paid $2.00 at the Polynesian.

Last edited:

captainkidd

Original Poster
You clearly know NOTHING about me. I'm a Universal Passholder, not a Disney one. I have skipped Disney that past 3 years and just done Universal. We split this trip evenly between the 2.

Thing is, I don't blow pixie dust out of my nose, and I don't wear rose colored glasses at Universal. I call 'em like I see them. There have been things we liked better about Universal and things we liked better about Disney. Had a blast at both, but I noticed this trip, Disney CM's have been in much brighter spirits. Service at Hard Rock has been better than Poly. Parks have been about the same in terms of cleanliness. Disney has had better full service dining. Universal better quick service.

PS - Why would anyone go someplace they didn't intend to enjoy. Such an asinine statement. The only negative things I've said about Universal are in regards to Volcano Bay. If you pay attention, I had the same negative feelings about Pandora.

AndrewsJ

You clearly know NOTHING about me. I'm a Universal Passholder, not a Disney one. I have skipped Disney that past 3 years and just done Universal. We split this trip evenly between the 2.

Thing is, I don't blow pixie dust out of my nose, and I don't wear rose colored glasses at Universal. I call 'em like I see them. There have been things we liked better about Universal and things we liked better about Disney. Had a blast at both, but I noticed this trip, Disney CM's have been in much brighter spirits. Service at Hard Rock has been better than Poly. Parks have been about the same in terms of cleanliness. Disney has had better full service dining. Universal better quick service.

PS - Why would anyone go someplace they didn't intend to enjoy. Such an asinine statement. The only negative things I've said about Universal are in regards to Volcano Bay. If you pay attention, I had the same negative feelings about Pandora.
I agree for the most part but with all due folks around here seem to go to places they don't really enjoy quite often.

captainkidd

Original Poster
I agree for the most part but with all due folks around here seem to go to places they don't really enjoy quite often.

Not sure if that's true. Not in my case. Been here a week and am not ready to leave. We've had an awesome time, just like we do every year. I would write a trip report next week, but it would be a waste of time as I would give the good and bad about both.

Spectro

Wow that is a Nasty burn that lady got !
Btw You should not be put off writing a trip report. I know I like to read both the good and bad it helps others like me plan their vacations. No flame throwing here.

captainkidd

Original Poster
They've done it at Hard Rock for at least the past 5 or 6 years.

Follow up - I messaged the restaurant about this. Got a reply from GM who asked for my phone number. He called and was pretty upset, legitimately. He was kind enough to invite us back and pay for our dinner. Took him up a few days later. He had reserved a table for us, let us order whatever we want and gave us an awesome waiter. Very cool. And very smart. We went back for breakfast and spent about $300 on shirts and souvenirs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom