Quick Crowd & Pop Warner Comment

PoohsGang

Original Poster
Quick DisneyWorld Report

Its Sat December 6th now.

We have been at BCV since last Saturday, 11/29/08 traffic in parks have been light.

Dinner and Lunch Report
Tip for getting dinner or lunch in Epcot. We have been calling DVC Member services for reservations and were told (this week anyways) Japan had no openings, Italy had no openings, and Rose N Crown had no openings, each day we still tried just walking up and were able to dine at each of those location with the longest wait being 5 minutes.

We walked up to Cape Mays 3 times at BCVillas, wait time 10 minutes at most.

Walked up to BoatWrights at Port Orleans after being told they had nothing by reservations, got a table no waiting.

ESPN Club no problems at all at Bar or Table.

Le Celliar imposible, by calling or walking up we called maximum number of days out and were still unsuccessful.

So as you can see try walking up many resturants are only half full, maybe they are cutting back on staff as there are many empty tables?????

David Cook Sighting
David Cook sighting Fri night Espn Retail store playing a video game, the woman sitting next to me at bar was flipping out I asked her what was up she said thats David Cook over there, I said who is that? I called my niece she is a freshman and she was beside herself. (Guess I need to watch more TV)

Extra Magic Hours Epcot Fri Nights.
Many more drunk young adults (21-30) than we have seen in the past my wife and I always go to Rose n Crown after Illuminations and talk to the bartenders we meet while we are there its usually a good moderate time, not to busy but not slow either, last night there seemed to be an exceptionally sloppy crowd, Pop Warner Chaperones seemed to leave by 10:00ish then the young adults that stayed just got plain sloppy, many drinks spilled, many somewhat sleeping(or passing out) at there tables, many sitting on the bar rail, many obnoxious, many inappropriate Personal Displays Of Affection. (Get a room please! We are in Disney!:hammer:) many were shut of and asked to leave. Although it did keep us entertained. We havn't really dealt with this in the previous 3 years we have been here. (Same Week Every Year) Maybe it was a full moon!

Crowd Report As of Dec 6th
As of Sat Dec 6 parks seem to be filling up a little more, many check out envelopes on the doors at BCVillas this morning, Airline check in counter is slammed, many CMS state attendence is noticibly down.

Pop Warner Sightings
Saw many Pop Warner Brats Friday(don't slam me Im just reporting what my wife and I saw, we are not saying all the Pop Warner kids are brats, just the ones we have been around yesterday afternoon and evening) around lunchtime and last evening at Epcot yesterday...........chaperones pounding down the drinks at Rose N Crown letting the brats run wild...(typical this time of year) although this is the first time I have seen so many in Epcot, we stayed away from the studios last evening fearing they would all be there, probobly at Epcot last night due to extra Magic Hours. Well I for one am glad we are leaving early Monday as I don't know which is worse, Pop Warner Brats or Drunk Chaperones....... Seems Disney does nothing to Police Pop Warner, we shall see if we have a repeat of last years festivities..........

Weather
Weather has been good after very chilly Monday and Tuesday, A monsoon last Sunday, 6'' of water in front of Rose N Crown Pub gale force winds. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday have been spectacular started of around 70 degrees and worked up to hi 70s yesterday with clear skys.

Today thus far cloudy with light rain sun has poked through a couple times, aroun 67 degrees so far.

Magic Hours Thought?
Don't know if it's me or not but it seems like there was more extra Magic Hours last year or later park closing hours, just seems like most parks are closing earlier, I could be wrong though.

We I hope thats some New's You Can Use!

Have a Magical Day!:)
CR Still Sinking:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:Stay Tuned....

disneytopdog

Thanks for the report. I am planning on being there the exact sametime as you guys are but next year. So very intrested in the attendance and weather.

What was the attendance like the Friday, Saturday & Sunday after Thanksgiving?

PoohsGang

Original Poster
Thanks for the report. I am planning on being there the exact sametime as you guys are but next year. So very intrested in the attendance and weather.

What was the attendance like the Friday, Saturday & Sunday after Thanksgiving?

I would say moderate, A CM told us to stay away from Magic Kingdom until Monday which we did, found Epcot and DHS to be ok, not long lines with the excepption of the biggies, RNRoller Coaster, TOTerror etc.

We found it very easy to navigate the parks, even walked up to Cape Mays that night without a ADR.

We find this to be a great time of year to come you see the Christmas decorations without large crowds.

disneytopdog

thanks.....I cant wait till next year. I have never been during this time of year and am so looking forward to all the Holiday stuff.

Did you guys do MVMCP? If so which one? what was the crowd like at that? I am leaning towards a Tuesday night MVMCP if they have not cut it back for 2009.

Juliaz3

"Pop Warner Chaperones seemed to leave by 10:00ish then the young adults that stayed just got plain sloppy, many drinks spilled, many somewhat sleeping(or passing out) at there tables, many sitting on the bar rail, many obnoxious..."

Aren't these high school kids? HOW are they drinking alcohol legally? Isn't 21 the minimum drinking age all over the United States? None of these kids would be 21 years old and still in high school. I know that ABC is not going to raid a Disney restaurant, but I expect Disney to control underage drinking better than this, even if every kid has a fake i.d.

It would cut down on the problems later in the evening at the hotels if the drinking laws were enforced.

PoohsGang

Original Poster
thanks.....I cant wait till next year. I have never been during this time of year and am so looking forward to all the Holiday stuff.

Did you guys do MVMCP? If so which one? what was the crowd like at that? I am leaning towards a Tuesday night MVMCP if they have not cut it back for 2009.

We have done that in the past week nights are better as more locals flood the parks on weekends, the fireworks for this event is spectacular as well as the parades, we always eat during the 8:00 parade, then catch the 10:00 parade, as there are less people eating at 8:00 (most watch parade then) The 10:00 oclock parade is much less crowded. If your a DVC member there are special dates with discounted rates, may even be a discount for annual pass holders, I'm sure someone on the boards can verify that. The holiday stuff is great, be sure to catch the different Santa Clauses around the world each contry tells you the origin of there Christmas Character, it's in Epcot. Also go to the resorts each one has a different christmas tree and display. Our resort Beach Club Villas has a Chocolate and Gingerbread Carousel.

PoohsGang

Original Poster
"Pop Warner Chaperones seemed to leave by 10:00ish then the young adults that stayed just got plain sloppy, many drinks spilled, many somewhat sleeping(or passing out) at there tables, many sitting on the bar rail, many obnoxious..."

Aren't these high school kids? HOW are they drinking alcohol legally? Isn't 21 the minimum drinking age all over the United States? None of these kids would be 21 years old and still in high school. I know that ABC is not going to raid a Disney restaurant, but I expect Disney to control underage drinking better than this, even if every kid has a fake i.d.

It would cut down on the problems later in the evening at the hotels if the drinking laws were enforced.

You have totally misread the post, or actually I didnt specify that the young adults were not with Pop Warner. "The Pop Warner Chaperones were drinking, not the kids" Disney is very good with the underage drinking, my wife even got carded once (shes a long ways from 21)

The sloppy drunks were 21 to 30 year old young adults who werent with The Pop warner Chaperone drunks, easy to find them they where there team shirts drink like theres no tommorow then act irrational. (You would think if you were wearing a shirt that represents the team and Town or City your from you would be a little more discreet) I can see why there have been problems in the past with Pop Warner. Again, its not all its only been a small group we have seen thus far. Probobly only 1 to 3% cause problems that hurt all of them as a group.

SpongeScott

We just got back after spending the entire day there on Friday. Studios was PACKED from the get-go in the morning. TSM is Studio's savior. Epcot was crowd-heavier than I thought it would be yesterday afternoon; I'm guessing that Pop Warner must've had an off day yesterday because I've never seen so many groups like that before. MVMCP last night seemed to be on the light side for a Friday night.

Juliaz3

Sorry I misread your post, PoohsGang, but you understood why I thought you were writing about Warner Sightings.

I don't expect people not to be drunk in a bar, but yes, it sounds like some really sloppy drunks were there. Ugh.

PoohsGang

Original Poster
Just got back to our room, had to leave Rose N crown, embarassed to be an american, about 20 I would say 25 to 30 year olds drinking around the world decesended on Rose N crown, shouting for Irish car Bombs,
I have never known that our main word was the F bomb, I was embarassed as there were English people sitting with us who left as well as many others due to these ignorant American Idiots (young adults) mind you my wife and I had 6 captain morgan and Diets doubles ..... we know all the bartenders and I don't ever recall acting as such an $%& hole. I was truly emabarassed to be an american as these American young adults were insulting to everyone around them, taking pictures flashing , ( funny the ugliest one in there couldnt keep her in her shirt) Disney needs to police the place much better. It wasnt magical, On a side note on the way there we saw a gentlemen get a surprise from a Seagull, we are still laughing:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

PoohsGang

Original Poster
Sun Morning Weather

Sunny and very cold today, its about 52 now, high is expected to be 63 today, for the most part of our 9 day trip it has been warm and nice. The weather does seem to change fast this time of year though.

This is our last day we are sad,:(:(:(:(:(:( we leave early tommorow. I would highly recomend this time of year maybe a day less, probobly leaving yesterday or Saturday as that seems to when the crowds started coming, parade taping, Pop Warner etc.

hokielutz

I must be out of the loop:shrug:

What is Pop Warner?

I also have no idea who David Cook is!

Pop Warner Overview:
Pop Warner Little Scholars, Inc. (PWLS) is a non-profit organization that provides youth football and cheer & dance programs for participants in 42 states and several countries around the world. Consisting of approximately 400,000 young people ranging from ages 5 to 16 years old, PWLS is the largest youth football, cheer and dance program in the United States.
Pop Warner also holds their annual championship events at the Disney Wide World of Sports Complex for their top Football and Cheerleader squads. Most of these events are scheduled for the first or second week of December and cause a massive influx of groups to the Disney property during a time of the year that used to be crowd free.

David Cook: (I hope you are kidding... but just in case:)

(born December 20, 1982) is an American singer-songwriter.[1] On May 21, 2008, he won the seventh season of the reality television show American Idol.

PoohsGang

Original Poster
Pop Warner Overview:
Pop Warner Little Scholars, Inc. (PWLS) is a non-profit organization that provides youth football and cheer & dance programs for participants in 42 states and several countries around the world. Consisting of approximately 400,000 young people ranging from ages 5 to 16 years old, PWLS is the largest youth football, cheer and dance program in the United States.
Pop Warner also holds their annual championship events at the Disney Wide World of Sports Complex for their top Football and Cheerleader squads. Most of these events are scheduled for the first or second week of December and cause a massive influx of groups to the Disney property during a time of the year that used to be crowd free.

David Cook: (I hope you are kidding... but just in case:)

(born December 20, 1982) is an American singer-songwriter.[1] On May 21, 2008, he won the seventh season of the reality television show American Idol.

Very well answered.....

SeaBreeze

I just got back from WDW and noticed that the level of grumpiness and rudeness seemed to be at an all time high, which is unfortunate. People were snapping at each other left and right and there were quite a few obscene public displays of affection. I'm usually one to just turn the other way at that but honestly, some things should not be done where children (or anyone!) can see... shudder.

I think the highlight was getting sat on in one of the parks... a lady asked me to move over on the bench I was sitting at with some other people. I moved over and smushed everyone as much as I could but there was maybe enough room for a small purse so she glared at me and then sat down on me! Hopefully people cheer up soon and realize how lucky they are to be at WDW :animwink:

I still enjoyed my trip :sohappy: And DHS was indeed very crowded, thanks so the OSofDL and TSMM. The crowds at AK, MK and Epcot seemed on par with early December... not too bad at all, although Soarin' had it's typical 70 minute wait lol

Foolish Mortal

This info came from a CM, so you now the usual CM info warnings :lol: I came home yesterday (12/7) but just before leaving while wating for M.E. a CM was telling me some interesting info....most of the POP group treats the staff like you know what, Disney makes little attempt to ask the chaperone's to keep the brats in line...such as don't go around the resort's practicing their cheers. Just love hearing 10-15 kids screaming at 11:30PM. He also claimed Disney was still considering ending the whole POP thing. I'll believe that when I hear the announcement form Disney.

I hate to say it but I was actually happy to be leaving.

I also had no clue who David Cook is......now I just don't care. A.I, could care less.

yankspy

Just got back to our room, had to leave Rose N crown, embarassed to be an american, about 20 I would say 25 to 30 year olds drinking around the world decesended on Rose N crown, shouting for Irish car Bombs,
I have never known that our main word was the F bomb, I was embarassed as there were English people sitting with us who left as well as many others due to these ignorant American Idiots (young adults) mind you my wife and I had 6 captain morgan and Diets doubles ..... we know all the bartenders and I don't ever recall acting as such an $%& hole. I was truly emabarassed to be an american as these American young adults were insulting to everyone around them, taking pictures flashing , ( funny the ugliest one in there couldnt keep her in her shirt) Disney needs to police the place much better. It wasnt magical, On a side note on the way there we saw a gentlemen get a surprise from a Seagull, we are still laughing:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
I wonder if you would have seen so many problems at Epcot if P.I. were still open. I have to say that I rarely see a lot of trouble makers at WS. I know that it is probably just a small percentage of people who cause trouble, as you said, but I think I will avoid the POP warner crowd in the future.:)

captainkidd

I can't believe this would be happening and Disney would not have thrown them out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom