Questions about Pandora for first time planner!

Starlight1

Original Poster
Hello everyone!

First, thank you for everyone that contributes to this site. I am a lurker and just created a user name because I have some questions. These boards have helped me plan SO MUCH!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I have been planning a 7 day trip to Disney for the first time ever for myself, my boyfriend and my 7 year old son. I have been to Disney when I was little, but this is my son's first time! Now that the actual release date of Pandora is out... I'm wondering a few things. We are going on May 31st and planned to go to AK on Sunday the 4th of June.

1. Any idea when fast passes will be released? I get to choose them on April 1st and would love the option for the new rides.
2. Is there a release of the new quick services in this world anywhere with menus?
3. Will it be RIDICULOUSLY busy? I mean, it's only one week after the release. Am I going to be fighting an 8 or 9 or even 10 level crowds at AK? Any opinions?
4. I was planning beforehand to do the Kilimanjaro Safaris right at rope drop since the animals are more active. If I can only obtain one Pandora ride fast pass, I'll be wanting to run to the other at rope drop instead. Is there any other time that it's good for the safari? Or is it only really enjoyable in the morning?

Thank you everyone for your input!!❤❤

BigRedDad

Everyone is a 1st Time Planner. It hasn't opened. No one knows anything and it will be slammed for many months. Plan accordingly.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Hello everyone!

First, thank you for everyone that contributes to this site. I am a lurker and just created a user name because I have some questions. These boards have helped me plan SO MUCH!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I have been planning a 7 day trip to Disney for the first time ever for myself, my boyfriend and my 7 year old son. I have been to Disney when I was little, but this is my son's first time! Now that the actual release date of Pandora is out... I'm wondering a few things. We are going on May 31st and planned to go to AK on Sunday the 4th of June.

1. Any idea when fast passes will be released? I get to choose them on April 1st and would love the option for the new rides.
2. Is there a release of the new quick services in this world anywhere with menus?
3. Will it be RIDICULOUSLY busy? I mean, it's only one week after the release. Am I going to be fighting an 8 or 9 or even 10 level crowds at AK? Any opinions?
4. I was planning beforehand to do the Kilimanjaro Safaris right at rope drop since the animals are more active. If I can only obtain one Pandora ride fast pass, I'll be wanting to run to the other at rope drop instead. Is there any other time that it's good for the safari? Or is it only really enjoyable in the morning?

It will be ridiculously busy. I would guess the whole park will be busy. Rivers of Light will also be relatively new (in theme park terms). The fastpass release will be dependent on how confident they are on the opening date. If you get there at rope drop, I would head to Pandora. KS is fine at any time, though you're right the animals are more active in the morning. The night safari is OK, different animals are out, but they aren't as numerous.

Starlight1

Original Poster
It will be ridiculously busy. I would guess the whole park will be busy. Rivers of Light will also be relatively new (in theme park terms). The fastpass release will be dependent on how confident they are on the opening date. If you get there at rope drop, I would head to Pandora. KS is fine at any time, though you're right the animals are more active in the morning. The night safari is OK, different animals are out, but they aren't as numerous.

Thank you very much!! Is the night safari lit enough to see the animals? Or should it be like a sunset thing?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Thank you very much!! Is the night safari lit enough to see the animals? Or should it be like a sunset thing?

It is lit enough that you can see animals. There is even a screen with a giant faux sunset. I'm in the exact same position as you. I can make fastpasses on 04/04.

Starlight1

Original Poster
It is lit enough that you can see animals. There is even a screen with a giant faux sunset. I'm in the exact same position as you. I can make fastpasses on 04/04.

Awesome! Thank you. Here's to hoping to just get two fast passes for the rides! Good luck!!

NYwdwfan

Awesome! Thank you. Here's to hoping to just get two fast passes for the rides! Good luck!!
Since no info has been released it's hard to say for sure...but...I am thinking there may be a tiered fastpass structure instituted like is in place in Epcot where you can choose Soarin' or Test Track but not both (other rides/attractions as well). Same may be true for AK but there hasn't been any confirmed indication of this. Just a hunch.

bhg469

I would plan to do everything you want to do, that is currently open, in the first few days even the animal kingdom stuff. Have a free day reserved so you can go wait in line for the avatar stuff, chances are the queue for the attractions will be cool. Get there at opening and hop right in line. As a first timer though.. even if you cant get on the pandora stuff there is more than enough around to keep you occupied.

I have also heard mixed reviews on the night safari. I have been told by multiple issues that the animals are definitely not always visible. Obviously the day time it is a must do but I have to reserve judgement for the night one until i have seen it.

Bolt

Hello everyone!

Also - don't get caught up in the 'animals are more active at open' mentality. They are fed at different times of the day and are active when they want to be. I would go later in the day and do Pandora first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom