Questions about Observations

disney4life2008

Original Poster
The times guide said the parade today started at 3pm, but to my dismay, it was rolling down frontierland at 245pm. Does the parade usually start earlier than the time listed?

I know bay lake is massive. But what is behind the woodsy areas (past bay lake tower). Are there homes back there? See attached photo.

What are the apartments at the contemporary? Are those hotel apartments?
20170312_185131.jpg

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think the 3PM parade is timed to be at the Castle at 3.

There are houses to the North-East beyond the trees across from Contemporary. Directly East there's a lot of trees, then a golf course and Golden Oak.

There are no "apartments" at Contemporary. If you're referring to the lower buildings beside Contemporary Tower, those are the "Garden Wing", just more hotel rooms.

peter11435

The times guide said the parade today started at 3pm, but to my dismay, it was rolling down frontierland at 245pm. Does the parade usually start earlier than the time listed?

The parade usually starts at the scheduled time. In this case 3pm. However for various reasons they will sometimes start up to 15 minutes early. One of those reasons and which was the case yesterday is the possibility of inclement weather.

drizgirl

Last time we saw Festival of Fantasy it stepped off about 15 minutes early. I wasn't surprised though since it was threatening storms. I imagine that happens a fair amount of time in Florida with a 3 PM parade.

disney4life2008

Original Poster

There are houses to the North-East beyond the trees across from Contemporary. Directly East there's a lot of trees, then a golf course and Golden Oak.

There are no "apartments" at Contemporary. If you're referring to the lower buildings beside Contemporary Tower, those are the "Garden Wing", just more hotel rooms.

The parade usually starts at the scheduled time. In this case 3pm. However for various reasons they will sometimes start up to 15 minutes early. One of those reasons and which was the case yesterday is the possibility of inclement weather.

Last time we saw Festival of Fantasy it stepped off about 15 minutes early. I wasn't surprised though since it was threatening storms. I imagine that happens a fair amount of time in Florida with a 3 PM parade.

I wonder why. It was a rain drop or 2 but nothing major.

disney4life2008

Original Poster

Are the houses still on Disney property? I'm familiar with golden oak do people actually live there?

CaptainAmerica

Depends which ones you are referring to. Obviously golden oak is. The small loop of houses directly north of bay lake at bay court is on property as well. Anything beyond that is off property.
Depends how you define "on property." They're "on property" in the sense of "on land that Disney owns," but not "on property" in a way that any guest would recognize.

Cosmic Commando

Golden Oak is "off property" I'd say. The land is owned by the residents, and it was de-annexed from RCID. Disney does manage the property, though. The only people living on property are the "secret" streets of Bay Ct and Royal Oak Ct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom