Question on points rental and grocery delivery.

GCTales

Original Poster
quick question on groceries..

If you are not a DVC member and renting points from someone (say through one of the sites) and want to order groceries- has anyone seen an issue with this?

Is is as simple as if you were getting a normal Disney hotel room and having a grocery delivery or own DVC and have the reservation through your points?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

If you are not a DVC member and renting points from someone (say through one of the sites) and want to order groceries- has anyone seen an issue with this?

Is is as simple as if you were getting a normal Disney hotel room and having a grocery delivery or own DVC and have the reservation through your points?
If you go through Garden Grocer or another on-line retailer, it is no different than a normal hotel delivery. There is a DVC option from the DVC site, but we would never go with that one, as it is a lot more expensive, and not a lot of choices. We use Garden Grocer every time, and love the service. They accidentally sent the wrong coffee creamer on one order, and when I called them, we had the correct one in a few hours for no charge, and they told us to keep the other, even though we hadn't even opened it yet. Great customer service.

correcaminos

I'll be honest, what you get on that selection is no different from what you pick up yourself in the store - except you pay more for a delivery fee. The list is only on the DVC site as far as I can see, so they do not make it clear if that is okay or not. The $10 fee for this is not worth it IMO though. Not for that selection at least.

I would go through Instacart and get them to deliver Publix groceries. The delivery fee is free for first time, the mark ups are not insane (they were the same/very similar to prices in the store) and you choose how much of a tip if any you give. We had an issue with waffles being partially thawed and they righted it for us immediately. So great service and good pricing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom