1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Question: High School Disney Internship

Discussion in 'Employment/College Program/International' started by Turtle, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

I heard somewhere that Disney has a program for high school students at the park like an internship and you get to work with the imagineers. I asked if it was the college internship and he said no.

So does anybody know any information? because that's my dream to do that

Thanks
  2. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

I have never heard of such a program, but I know a lot of people confuse the College Program, which involves working as front line Cast Members, with the more limited internships, which are more career specific and limited in availability. I believe Disney also hires high school seniors as part-time Cast Members.
  3. Kobe!!

Kobe!! Active Member

This.
  4. Slugger

Slugger Member

The program was called Career Start. Unfortunately they stopped recruiting for it last year I believe. Maybe one day they will bring it back.
  5. CaptainShortty

CaptainShortty Well-Known Member

Yup. Disney has a program for High Schoolers called career start but last year they discontinued it. My guess it because of the high amount of the CP and FT applications and the fact that it's an added expense. It may come back in the future but if I had to guess it won't be any time soon.
  6. Kobe!!

Kobe!! Active Member

They had career start last year but I knew people that were in college that were part of that? :shrug: