Question for friends of face characters (but mostly princesses)

EOD K9

Original Poster
Hey folks. My daughters are almost three and love Moana. They just started to watch Snow White and they are making the connection that both princesses are from Disney. So, here is my question. If I see any of the princesses, will one acknowledge the fact that there are other princesses? If my girls ask Moana if they know Cinderella or Snow White, etc, will she respond that they are friends or aware of her existence? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mousehockey37

Yes. They mostly stick to their films, but if you find connecting points between the movies, it makes it easier. For instance, Tiana and Rapunzel meet at PFH. Tiana likes to talk about her restaurant, well, Rapunzel is all about frying pans. Connection. Peter Pan you could probably talk about Pirates and he "may" have heard of the notorious Jack Sparrow, but he'll more than likely spin over to Capt. Hook.

You could always try and talk about their dresses or their hair, etc. Like with Rapunzel, you could talk about how you know Princess Ariel and she showed you guys this neat dinglehopper that she uses with taking care of her hair. Likewise, you could tell Ariel that you met Rapunzel who has super long hair and needs many dinglehoppers. You can also talk about their sidekicks or other princesses side kicks. It will generate conversation and in a way, show you that they are "aware" of other princesses. You just have to be clever about it. If you want other ideas, feel free to PM. I'll have to think of some more then, lol.

EOD K9

Original Poster
@mousehockey37 Thanks. I understand that Pan would be more apt to discuss Hook. But obviously I wouldn't ask a jedi if he knew about this other kid with glasses who wears a robe and lives in a castle down the block even though they have mystical powers. Basically, as I get a tad older, and now have children of my own, I want the character interactions to be a little more fun and not just a picture.
Back in November we used the Disney Visa character spot in Epcot and the girls had a blast. When I was done I asked Minnie and Pluto to tell their friends, that I said thanks for the great interaction. They then proceeded to give me a big hug and pat me on the head. I think they were appreciative of that. That's partially why I want to have more fun when we have a meet and greet.

mousehockey37

@mousehockey37 Thanks. I understand that Pan would be more apt to discuss Hook. But obviously I wouldn't ask a jedi if he knew about this other kid with glasses who wears a robe and lives in a castle down the block even though they have mystical powers. Basically, as I get a tad older, and now have children of my own, I want the character interactions to be a little more fun and not just a picture.
Back in November we used the Disney Visa character spot in Epcot and the girls had a blast. When I was done I asked Minnie and Pluto to tell their friends, that I said thanks for the great interaction. They then proceeded to give me a big hug and pat me on the head. I think they were appreciative of that. That's partially why I want to have more fun when we have a meet and greet.

DGF and I are in our 30's, no kids. We do character meets. We met Mulan and talked about little brother, her dog. I asked Tiana about Louis (since I'm a trumpet player) and she said about sitting in with him and the band. Anna and Elsa love chocolate, they'll go on forever about it, lol. Ariel, talk about any kind of gadgets and gizmos. Rapunzel will go on about fun things with Pascal and Max. Aladdin and Jasmine, talk about where Abu is and the Aladdin and Jasmine we met really liked talking about their shoes (we said we liked them). Belle, talk books. She'll actually tell you which one she's reading. Snow will talk about the dwarfs. Merida, yeah, girl power, lol.

Long story short, if you can relate to something within their movie, then you'll have an ice breaker. DGF had a princess shirt on a few years ago (it was 9 princesses on her shirt), well, as we met characters, Goofy would look and not see himself and "get sad", Chip and Dale inspected her shirt for themselves and proceeded to "inquire" why they weren't on it. It made for fun times. So let your mind run wild, there's always opportunity with face characters and non-face characters for there to be fun greets.

I leave you with the little girl telling off Gaston, lol

EOD K9

Original Poster
Remember your in a Magic Kingdom where the universes collide with one another...
I remember in 2008ish there was a castle show with all of the princesses and their princes appearing...as if it were Cinderella's coronation. I distinctly remember Aladdin and Jasmine being announced from the Kingdom of Agrabah and walking on stage. In that case, they were very aware of each other. I'm just wondering now if as a separate meet and greet they still do.

CaptainAmerica

Yes, they'll know each other.

My daughter is almost 3 as well and we're having a hard time managing her expectations on meeting her favorite characters. She wants to meet Moana (no problem there), but also Maui, Mother Gothel, Mama Odie, Bad Magic Man (Facilier), and Colette (from Ratatouille).

Cmdr_Crimson

I remember in 2008ish there was a castle show with all of the princesses and their princes appearing...as if it were Cinderella's coronation. I distinctly remember Aladdin and Jasmine being announced from the Kingdom of Agrabah and walking on stage. In that case, they were very aware of each other. I'm just wondering now if as a separate meet and greet they still do.

Ah the Ill fated and terrible Cinderellabration that debuted during the HCOE of 2005....Show got canned because Mickey & Friends were not invited.....

And here's what happend when someone ask the princess about her before the movie came out..

I'm done....

carriebeth

Princesses have commented to my daughters who were dressed as other princesses "you look just like my friend (name of the other princess they are dressed as).

mousehockey37

Yes, they'll know each other.

My daughter is almost 3 as well and we're having a hard time managing her expectations on meeting her favorite characters. She wants to meet Moana (no problem there), but also Maui, Mother Gothel, Mama Odie, Bad Magic Man (Facilier), and Colette (from Ratatouille).

For your daughter, when you talk to Rapunzel, Tiana/Naveen, ask about those characters. The princesses will certainly tell you something. Like I said, I chatted with Tiana about being a trumpet player and she said I could play in her restaurant with Louis. So just talk to them about those other characters. They'll chat it up.

Phonedave

They all know each other to some extent. At teh very least, they all hang out at Akershus at one time or an other. So they have that going for them.

While he cant talk, try telling Donald how great Mickey is and get his reaction. Donald clearly is jealous of Mickey. If you have one of the autograph books with the parade of characters on the bottom of each page, when Donald signs it (With his "Donald Duck #1" signature) he actually crosses out the Mickey in the characters on the bottom of the page.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom