1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Question For Experts and Med Cruisers

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by CB2@disney, Apr 2, 2017.

1. CB2@disney

CB2@disney Active Member

I was just told that Pirate night is not listed on my Med Cruise this summer. It is listed on other cruised but not our sailing. :(

My questions are:
    1) Does this mean no fireworks?:cry:
    2) Has any one heard of this before?
    3) Will there be something else?
    4) Speculation... what will they do instead if anything?

Thanks!

2. Ralphlaw

Ralphlaw Well-Known Member

They tend to do Elsa and Anna instead when in Europe. Depending on the rules of the sea in your area, fireworks may or may not be done. In Alaska, for example, they don't do them. But none of this is set in stone. As I recall, they had fireworks on our 2 European cruises, but I don't recall specifically.

Kingdom Konsultant likes this.
  3. MaryJaneP

MaryJaneP Well-Known Member

We had fireworks during a pirate night on our med cruise. We would suggest calling DCL directly and asking.

4. Nmoody1

Nmoody1 Well-Known Member

They usually have them on the med, but not northern Europe. It's usually done in the waters of the South of France (Villefranche)

5. JenTen1585

JenTen1585 Member

On our Norwegian Fjord cruise, they did a Frozen party and made it "snow"! It was very cool - literally (it was a very cold night) and "cool" in that it was really fun! But I have never been on one with the Pirates night for comparison as that was my first DCL cruise. Note that I assumed there would be a pirate night as I had read previous Mediterranean cruise trip reports where there was, so I just assumed .... so we used valuable weight and space on our luggage to lug pirate costumes *sigh. I should have confirmed beforehand one way or another!