Question for Cast Members

ashleya

Original Poster
I'm going to apply for a job at Disney (applied for merchandise and attractions) and I dont live in Florida. So my question is, how long will I have to accept the job and say I can be down there? I will obviously need to look for an apartment, need time to move down there, and quit my current job. Will Disney give me a month, or will I only have a week or two?

AVGuy

I would very highly recommend having plans A, B, and C worked out before you're offered the job. People are always looking for roommates down here. You can also get an apartment very quickly but you might have to settle. I can't imagine an scenario where they would require you to start within two weeks of accepting the offer.

Disney is kind of unpredictable when it comes to start dates. It depends on their need, your new role, and lastly your need. However, if you go through the interview process and can't answer the "when can you start" question confidently, they may consider someone else who already has a plan in place.

I realize you can't have all of the details worked out, but entry level roles may not offer a ton of flexibility. Any little thing could cause them to move on to another candidate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom