Question for adults attending MNSSHP

BransonJ

FB_IMG_1438181154835.jpg

BEARSHOUSE4

So, does Disney relax the normal restrictions on being in costume for guests, or are their different rules entirely for these events?

G00fyDad

I think they may have an issue with those that come too close to the Disney costume. I seem to remember someone talking about that once. Disney not wanting a non-CM greeting kids and such.

That said, the wife and I have gone as a doctor and a nurse before. We stopped by the shop in DTD to get name tags that read "Mal" for mine and "Practice" for hers.

HolleBolleGijs

I think they may have an issue with those that come too close to the Disney costume. I seem to remember someone talking about that once. Disney not wanting a non-CM greeting kids and such.

Normally, yes. During parties, people are encouraged to be in costume. I saw photos of someone from last year as a ToT bellhop, nametags and all (I think he might actually be on the boards), and as far as I know there weren't any problems with that.

As for myself, I think I'll be going as Russell/a Wilderness Explorer, although I don't have my costume together yet!

EDIT: @enough is the person I'm thinking of!

Last edited:

Bairstow

Hm. Haven't heard that one, though I imagine that's a big part of the rationale in not allowing costumes during normal operating days.

I could imagine there being a restriction on dressing as an actual cast member, though I've seen a picture or two of people seeming to do just that.

thomas998

I ordered these from Amazon to wear and we're just going to wear neon green and blue t-shirts. Nothing fancy!
41Sbhy9GsTL._SY90_.jpg
417-WwTE0KL._SY90_.jpg

I only have one thought on that... don't put it on until the sun goes down. I've worn costumes with hats or other things that go over your head and I wouldn't recommend them during the daylight hours the Florida sun will cook your brain. Made the ultimate mistake my first party by wearing a full pirate costume complete with hat and overcoat... Quickly realized I was going to die from a heat stroke if I didn't remove some of it.... Remember the time of year you are there and the fact that it is Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom