Question - Florida Residents

mitchjs

hi all,

can anyone answer this...

My mom and dad purchased a home in florida, they havent moved yet, but have settled on the house. If they purchase tix, can i used them?
and im not a fl resident... does WDW check every adult's id at the ticket pickup?

meaning, i would like to take my daugther and me to the park...

and my mom or dad wouldnt be going in, possibly there to pick up tix, they dont got fl drivers licences yet, might be able to get picture id.

thanks

mitch

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney is very strict on Florida resident status. If you do not have a Florida ID with a Fl address, a military ID showing a Fl address or a college ID showing a Fl address you won't get the discount. If you are buying one day passes the savings are not that significant (i think maybe $3) Where Fl residency really comes into play are APs and resort rates.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

mitchjs said:
My mom and dad purchased a home in florida, they havent moved yet, but have settled on the house. If they purchase tix, can i used them?
and im not a fl resident... does WDW check every adult's id at the ticket pickup?

meaning, i would like to take my daugther and me to the park...

and my mom or dad wouldnt be going in, possibly there to pick up tix, they dont got fl drivers licences yet, might be able to get picture id.

At this stage of the game, none of you is a Florida resident. Until your parents get valid state ID, merely owning property isn't enough.

Tickets are not transferable, so you would not be able to use tickets that they bought with a resident discount.

HOWEVER, ID isn't checked for children, so your daughter could use a ticket that Grandma bought if Grandma takes her to the park.

Upvote 0

mitchjs

Original Poster
ok, my mom is going to get drivers license day before we go to WDW

im getting some conflicting info from a neighbor to hers in fl, she says she shows id for herself and is able to buy more then one ticket, and id isnt checked...

could be she is buy for kids, waiting on that answer

mitch

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

mitchjs said:
ok, my mom is going to get drivers license day before we go to WDW

im getting some conflicting info from a neighbor to hers in fl, she says she shows id for herself and is able to buy more then one ticket, and id isnt checked...

could be she is buy for kids, waiting on that answer

mitch

She could buy vouchers but then you would have to show your id when you get the actual ticket.
Kids will be able to get tickets from her sinc ethey dont have id's

Upvote 0

matthope03

Take it from the Florida residents on this board, the discount only really is significant when going with APs or with hotel stays. As has been previously stated they are very strict with this. Do not be disappointed if you try and they tell you no.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Per official policy...

Anyone can purchase any number of Florida Resident discounted Magic Your Way tickets. When you purchase them, you are really purchasing an exchange voucher. Only a Florida Resident with proof of residency can redeem these vouchers.

When this voucher is redeemed at a Walt Disney World Ticket Window or Theme Park Guest Relations, (these vouchers cannot be redeemed at a Resort Hotel) each guest of driving age or older will be required to show proof of Florida Residency at which point the Guest name is printed on the ticket, making it non-transferable. Once the ticket is used the first time, the ticket tag system is used to further prevent the transfer of tickets.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom