Question breakfast before park opening

gwklam

Original Poster
I have a disney trip in January 2018.

Magic Kingdom is suppose to be 9am-8pm. There are no extra magic hours that day.

I was just testing how early I can book Cinderella's Royal Table (which will hopefully give me almost an empty park to take pics =p). I see I can book for 8am.

How does this work?

I am staying at pop century. Will busses be early enough to bring me to Magic Kingdom right before 8? And I'm assuming that there will be CM's standing in the ready at 8am to scan my magicband?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Theres an early Breakfast Bus that will get you there on time, just inquire at the resort when you arrive. We usually grab it at the Poly for Extra Morning Magic at HS.

There will be placards and cast members to direct you in the ocrrect direction. Remeber that the opening show is now at the castle forecourt so its not going to be as empty as previously.

DisAl

There will be transportation to get you there on time. As another poster said, check at the motel desk for the specifics of your location.
With the changes they have made in their morning procedures I will probably never have a chance to get photos like these again. These were made in 2003 before they started doing breakfasts before the park opened.
(Note - Both images less than 1mb file size.)
DCP_4594.JPG
DCP_4595.JPG

gwklam

Original Poster
There will be transportation to get you there on time. As another poster said, check at the motel desk for the specifics of your location.
With the changes they have made in their morning procedures I will probably never have a chance to get photos like these again. These were made in 2003 before they started doing breakfasts before the park opened.
(Note - Both images less than 1mb file size.)View attachment 231426 View attachment 231427

What type of morning procedures are you talking about?
Great photos btw :)

gwklam

Original Poster
Theres an early Breakfast Bus that will get you there on time, just inquire at the resort when you arrive. We usually grab it at the Poly for Extra Morning Magic at HS.

There will be placards and cast members to direct you in the ocrrect direction. Remeber that the opening show is now at the castle forecourt so its not going to be as empty as previously.

So will there be some sort of obstruction blocking full view of the castle before 8am?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Main Street opens at 8 am daily. You can shop and go to Starbucks. Entrances to the lands are closed until after the brief opening ceremony on the castle stage at 8:55 am. Guests with early breakfast ADRs are let into the park with everyone else.

Resort buses start operating at 7 am. You will have no difficulty making an 8 am breakfast at CRT.

You will check in for breakfast with a CM.

IMG_8669.JPG

IMG_8668.JPG

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Just people ... ;) and if you're lucky our favorite seasonal character Mr Crane will be on hand to take down the Christmas lights.

DisAl

What type of morning procedures are you talking about?
Great photos btw :)
These were made during the "Magic Behind Our Steam Trains" tour. At that time you would arrive for the MBOST about 1 hour (if I remember correctly) before the park opened. There were some preliminary parts of the tour outside the park, and then about 45 minutes before opening the tour group went in to Main Street Station. No one else other than the MBOST group was allowed in the park. Up until about 30 minutes before opening there were the last of the overnight crew all over the place, then within a 5 minute period they all disappeared. That left about a 20 minute time frame that Main Street was empty. (Well, there is one guy at a trash can about half way down on the left...) I got these photos during that time.
This was before they had any before the park opens breakfasts, not even CRT.
Then they started letting people with breakfasts at CRT and CP in early, and now they have breakfast at BOG and extra magic hours.
Then they moved the "opening ceremony" to the castle and let anybody in the front gate.
So, I doubt many people will ever have the opportunity to get photos like these again. When people asked me how I got these shots I usually tell them I just rented the whole park for myself that day. ;)
Thanks for the compliment on the photos. They were made in 2003 with my first digital camera with a 3 mp resolution so I didn't have to worry about file size when posting them. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom