Question about Walt Disney

Disnut

Original Poster
I was asked a question today and I didn't know the answer. So here is the question- Was Walt Disney ever kicked out of the army or any other service? I say no but I really don't know.

Lucky

From Wikipedia:

Disney dropped out of high school at 16 so he could join the Army. But the army didn't take him because he was too young to enlist.
Instead, Walt and one of his friends decided to join the Red Cross. They were supposed to be 17, but Walt was only 16 at the time. Against his father's will, his mother forged his birth certificate so it said Walt was born in 1900 instead of 1901. The Red Cross sent him to France for a year. During that year, he drove an ambulance covered from top to bottom with his imaginative Disney Characters.

Lucky

what years was WW1 and what was Walt doing?
WW1 was July 1914-Nov 1918, but the US entered only in 1917, sending troops to France to support the British and French against Germany. Walt went to France, working for the Red Cross driving an ambulance.

dreamteacher

WW1 was July 1914-Nov 1918, but the US entered only in 1917, sending troops to France to support the British and French against Germany. Walt went to France, working for the Red Cross driving an ambulance.
Thank you one of my co-workers says that Walt got a dishonerable discharge from WWI.

ctwhalerman

Thank you one of my co-workers says that Walt got a dishonerable discharge from WWI.

Walt did get in some trouble, I think. I think he either crashed his Red Cross truck or it fell in a ditch or something and he simply got a ride back to town and was later simply reprimanded for leaving his truck (could you blame him; I would never want to sit alone by my ruined vehicle yards aways from fields where millions of men had died the year before).

PencilTest

From Wikipedia:...During that year, he drove an ambulance covered from top to bottom with his imaginative Disney Characters.
The only stickler I see is that, at that point, there weren't "Disney characters", so to speak. I know there were drawings (there's picture evidence), but they weren't the Disney characters anyone'd recognize. Not like Horace Horsecollar drivin' around saving the boys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom