1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about my old MagicBand

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by WildernessLodge, Jul 16, 2017.

1. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member

So last year I went to WDW with my family and stayed on property. My MagicBand was linked to my sister's account. This year, we are going again but staying off-property, yet I still have my MagicBand. From what I understand, I can still use it.

However, I'm confused bc if it's linked to my sister's account, can I switch it over to my own account? I don't want to have to login to her account to make FastPass changes and everything + I have some dining reservations on my own account that I would like linked to my MagicBand. I also purchased my ticket with my account so I don't even know if i can link my own ticket with it now. I called WDW and I don't think I explained my situation correctly. Any help? Thanks!!

2. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

So it's your band? You used it to enter the parks?

Then it's linked to you, not your sister. Your sister was the lead guest and she did all the planning, but it is still yours.

Now the issue might be if you don't have your own MDE account and your sister just added you herself. In that case I know someone here can help sort that out. I'll try and fathom out who and tag them for you.

Edit: Tagging @Rob562 for help here!

WildernessLodge likes this.
  3. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member Original Poster

Oh cool thank you! Yeah last year my sister made an account and added me on it with my band. Now this year I made my own MDE account and bought my ticket under that account but I can't figure out how to sync my band with this account vs. my sister's where I think it is now.

4. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

Yep, you need Rob's help. And maybe a phone call to disentangle the accounts. :)

5. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Do you have the band?
    You can try going into your MDE account (web version, not the app) and scroll to the very bottom of the page to "Don't see a purchased Magic Band?" click LINK and you can add the band's ID number and see if it will link to you (though your band wasn't a "purchased" band it might work.)

Have you already made fastpasses using your own MDE account? If so, you will be able to manage them through your account. And you can use your hard ticket for your admission and your fastpasses if you are unable to link your old Magic Band.

Nothing is "stored" on your Magic Band....the band is merely something that points back to the info in your MDE account. Your ticket serves the same purpose as a Magic Band. Restaurant ADRs do not "link" to a band or ticket. And offsite guests cannot use a Magic Band for charging purposes.

6. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

Hopefully he can do this, but what worried me was this managed profile his sister set up. Isn't there an issue if you have one managed profile and a main one? That's why I paged Rob to help.

7. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm here, I'm here... ;)

As I understand it, the OP is listed as a "managed by" profile under their sister's account, but now has their own account also. Easy fix:

Have your sister log into her account. Under the listing for you (the one that has your old MagicBand) have her click on the "invite to plan and share" and fill in the email you use for your account.
    Once you accept the friend request anything listed for you under your sister's account will move over and be controlled by your account.

-Rob

WildernessLodge and nickys like this.
  8. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member Original Poster

Thank you so much!! I've been trying today and yesterday to do that and I get an error message each time so I'll call soon! Thanks again though!