Question about December hours

Labmommy

I was checking out the December hours that were just posted for when we are going to be there, and animal kingdom says it's only open til 5. Will this change? We were hoping to do the nighttime shows and rides they have. We need to make our Adr soon and wanted to plan accordingly. Thanks for the help☺

bsiev1977

I was checking out the December hours that were just posted for when we are going to be there, and animal kingdom says it's only open til 5. Will this change? We were hoping to do the nighttime shows and rides they have. We need to make our Adr soon and wanted to plan accordingly. Thanks for the help☺

I'm going in December also. My guess is that the hours will be updated before too much longer. My thinking is that in December, AK will be open until 8pm or 9pm.

Upvote 0

DisneyRoy

Yes. They will change. And change often. We went last December and the hours changed on an almost weekly basis until about 1-2 weeks out. EMH were added and normal operating hours were shifted.

But yes...AK hours will be extended. Disney just needs to figure out what it's doing with the night time entertainment. How late. How many hours. How many employees. And how much money do they want to spend. All very much up in the air this far out.

I would count on hours being extended, but as far as 180 days and ADR's....I wouldn't count on knowing or having them finalized that far out.

Upvote 0

Roakor

I am going in dec too and I expect them to change the hours once they work out all the issues and officially open rivers of light as the night time show for AK. The big issuing though is trying to make a dinner reservation with reserved seating for the night time show since right now there isn't one posted. We will probably go with the fastpass seating for the show since there really isn't much need for fast passes on anything else in AK.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I am going in dec too and I expect them to change the hours once they work out all the issues and officially open rivers of light as the night time show for AK. The big issuing though is trying to make a dinner reservation with reserved seating for the night time show since right now there isn't one posted. We will probably go with the fastpass seating for the show since there really isn't much need for fast passes on anything else in AK.
I'm constantly checking to see when things update. I got a dining rez at AK for my day there, but I'll switch it to a viewing package reservation once they figure out the plan for December.

Upvote 0

Labmommy

Original Poster
We got Yak and Yeti reservations for 445 one day, I'm hoping we will be able to move them a little later in the night. Hopefully they will update them soon. On my disney experience app the hours say they is a special ticketed event for all parks on the nights we were there this week which I found strange

Upvote 0

FarFromHome

Same problem here with the reservations. I'd prefer to make Fastpass reservations for after 5 too, so hopefully they update it before the 2 month mark.
I just assumed it had to do with the animals. When it gets colder/darker in the fall, are they any less present?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom