question about booking

CB2@disney

Original Poster
I just booked for SW at sea for 3/19/16. I booked for a cat 8A room and it just gave me a guarantee instead of allowing me to select a room. Does anyone know what this means or how it works?
Thanks.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I just booked for SW at sea for 3/19/16. I booked for a cat 8A room and it just gave me a guarantee instead of allowing me to select a room. Does anyone know what this means or how it works?
Thanks.

GTY is typically a cheaper rate. It guarantees you a cabin on the cruise in that category at the very least. You will get your stateroom assignment around 2-4 weeks out from sailing. Occasionally that category you booked may fill up and they will bump you to the next level up. You are promised a cabin of that or that at the least. If you are OCD about wanting to pick your room then change it. If you are fine with waiting to see what it is or if it was upgraded then stay put. I have done GTY on Dream and currently booked GTY on it for Spring.

wdwstateofmind

If it's your first cruise then I might caution you against having them assign you a room. You don't really know how everyone will respond to the boat even though it is big. Many find mid- and aft- rooms to be less stressful n the senses.

At least from experience I can say I prefer the mid- and aft- rooms. There is a noticeable rock toward the back and that's usually the last area to fill up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom