Quest for the Diamond Ears- Sign Up & Questions Thread

Should there be eliminations in this comp and if so when?

• No Eliminations! Just Team Points combined with individual points!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes, starting in round two

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes, starting in round three

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Starting in round 4

• Yes, but only for the finale round

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Hello All!
Coming up this October, be prepared to start the biggest quest of your imagineering lives! This fast paced competition will have you hunting through all Disney Parks world wide, endlessly trying to find the Diamond ears, but only one imagineer will be worthy to take them. Three to Four Teams will be sent out around Disney Parks imagineering their way to victory. But new armed, as there are many twists and turns in the road for these imagineers. Expect Signups Mid-October, with a start of the comp around Halloween. Get excited!

Last edited:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Hello All!
Coming up this October, be prepared to start the biggest quest of your imagineering lives! This fast paced competition will have you hunting through all Disney Parks world wide, endlessly trying to find the Diamond ears, but only one imagineer will be worthy to take them. Three to Four Teams will be sent out around Disney Parks imagineering their way to victory. But new armed, as there are many twists and turns in the road for these 18 imagineers. Expect Signups Mid-October, with a start of the comp around Halloween. Get excited!

uADXW6D.gif

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Also special puzzle that can win your team an advantage in the first round of/when you sign up and are the first one to get it right. First to PM me the correct answers on the first try will win. Answer this riddle, "These four names are all related to Disney, and one of its divisions the letters of the first are the same number as the third, one less than the second and two less than the fourth. They are all buzz words"
PS, these four names are the four team names.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
It seems that there was a tie! So, I will tie break, and determine that there will be... (Drum roll please... NO ELIMINATIONS! So everyone is in it until the end.
We will be looking at a 6 days per round format, in which each team will have two projects to complete, one will be individual to the team and another that all teams will complete. Players can join at any time but we need at the very least four players per team to start the competition. Expect initial Signups mid to late-October.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
This new competition will be following the Oceaneer Expedition Company on their quest to find the mysterious Diamond Ears that have dated back to opening day of Disneyland. It has been said that the place in which this relic resides has mived through all Disney Parks. It will be up to you to join one of four crews and try to be the first to discover the Diamond Ears. Various archival newspapers, articles, and even scripts will be slowly uncovered to give you a background of this mysterious company. Are you up to the challenge?

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Years Ago, this letter was sent to SEA Main Offices:
image.png

Letter of Resignation

To My Friends at the SEA;
We have spent many amazing times together. From the time we made an expedition to Bermuda to our perilous journeys in the Indian Ocean, you all will be truly missed. It is with great sorrow that I must formally submit my resignation from the esteemed SEA, as I will be pursuing my own interests. I plan on setting expeditions to search for ancient relics, under my own name. A colleague, Ms. Alberta Falls, will be joining me in my endeavors as well. Wish me luck on my exploration of the treasures of the unknown.
Respectfully,
Capt. Mary Oceaneer

DlpPhantom

Years Ago, this letter was sent to SEA Main Offices: View attachment 162540
Letter of Resignation

To My Friends at the SEA;
We have spent many amazing times together. From the time we made an expedition to Bermuda to our perilous journeys in the Indian Ocean, you all will be truly missed. It is with great sorrow that I must formally submit my resignation from the esteemed SEA, as I will be pursuing my own interests. I plan on setting expeditions to search for ancient relics, under my own name. A colleague, Ms. Alberta Falls, will be joining me in my endeavors as well. Wish me luck on my exploration of the treasures of the unknown.
Respectfully,
Capt. Mary Oceaneer
She is now stuck on an island do to a typhoon. Right?

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Oceaneer Expedition Company: Press Release– April 1, 1997
In accordance with our new partners at The Walt Disney Company, we are proud to announce that two grand ships, The Magic and The Wonder, will be commissioned. These two ships will largely be used for tourist based purposes, however there will be two spaces dedicated to our endeavors, The Oceaneer Club and the Oceaneer Lab. The club will primarily act as an area for young children to play, however there is a secondary room which will serve as the common room for the Oceaneer Expedition Company, where our colleagues can discuss plans. The second area is that of the Oceaneer Lab, meant for slightly older children, in which the back section will consist of The Oceaneer Expedition Company's own mapping and scientific equipment. As a part of our deal with Disney to cover 20% of the costs, for one month a year, the ship is ours to do whatever we please with, as long as nothing becomes damaged. We are will soon be looking for Imagineers to join us on our voyages, but until then, we are looking for concepts (art and/or descriptions) for our common spaces in the club and lab. Respond below by October 1st with the prospect of earning some Gems (1) for any future ventures you wish to embark on with us. See you soon!

(1) Gems, a sort of specialized currency used in the Oceaneer Expedition Company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom