Putting 10 People In Bay Lake 2 Bedroom?

Vipor51

Original Poster
So I am a DVC Member and have a reservation booked for a 2 bedroom dedicated room and have ten people in my party including an infant. I fully understand that we are allowed 9 people as the max occupancy in our villa but I have confirmed that our infant can be removed from our reservation and an adult can replace her.

The only complication I see here is having enough space for our luggage and the magical express. The magical express has indicated that everyone on our reservation will have a magical express reservation and that if our infant is not on our reservation it will complicate our ride on the magical express.

Has anyone else been in this type of situation? Has anyone ever had any complication with the magical express? Has anyone ever had Disney check on the number of people they have staying in their room?

Thanks for the guidance here.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Did a DVC CM tell you that 10 is OK? The max occupancy in any 2bdr is 9 with an infant as number 10 being OK. I hve never heard that they would allow 10 adults and an infant in any DVC 2bdr. If you remove the infant from the reservation, that person will not have a pass for the ME, so they may or may not allow you on. I would call the ME number to check on their policy.

Vipor51

Original Poster
So a Contemporary Cast Member did state that removing my infant from the reservation is ok but there may be complication with ME. Your advice is sound that I should contact DVC to ensure that this is ok.

Thanks!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm not sure on the ME issue. You should definitely check on that so you aren't left stranded at the airport. I think all 10 people would need to be on the reservation for them to have a spot for them reserved.

As far as the occupancy it might get a little tight in the room with 10 people, but if they allow you to do it it's possible. If you get a dedicated 2BR, the 2nd bedroom has 2 queen beds (1 queen and a pullout couch in a lockoff), the master has 1 king and the living room has a double bed pullout couch and a sleeper chair. The 10th person would need to sleep on the floor unless you sleep 3 in the king which is doable if you have littler kids with you. When you pull out the couch and chair there isn't much more room in the living room, but the bedrooms both have enough room for either the portable crib or someone sleeping on the floor. It's not a ton of extra space, but it's doable. There are 3 full bathrooms so you should be OK there with 10 people. As far as storing luggage and clothes it should be OK too. There are 3 closets plus the laundry room which provide plenty of room to store luggage. You may need to bring some towels or bedding with you since they most likely will not provide enough for the 10th person.

journ116

So I am a DVC Member and have a reservation booked for a 2 bedroom dedicated room and have ten people in my party including an infant. I fully understand that we are allowed 9 people as the max occupancy in our villa but I have confirmed that our infant can be removed from our reservation and an adult can replace her.

The only complication I see here is having enough space for our luggage and the magical express. The magical express has indicated that everyone on our reservation will have a magical express reservation and that if our infant is not on our reservation it will complicate our ride on the magical express.

Has anyone else been in this type of situation? Has anyone ever had any complication with the magical express? Has anyone ever had Disney check on the number of people they have staying in their room?

Thanks for the guidance here.
Just so I am understanding your post: you will have 9 adults & 1 infant in your travel party? If this is correct, you will have no problems & could keep your infant on the list, as he/she will not max out the allotted occupancy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom