1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Purchasing APs on a Disney Visa

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by sbkline, Jun 11, 2013.

1. sbkline

sbkline Well-Known Member

I have never taken advanatage of this option, but I hear that if you pay your trip on your Disney Visa Card, you have 6 months to pay it with no interest. I just bought 4 APs a few weeks ago so as to beat the price increase, and I just wondered if the same was true of APs purchased on the card?

2. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Disney now offers financing on their annual passes too. You pay the equivalent of one day for each ticket and pay the rest of the 12 months of the ticket. It is basically an interest free loan.

3. ParentsOf4

ParentsOf4 Well-Known Member

If Disney keeps increasing prices the way they have in recent years, pretty soon a family of 4 is going to have to take out a home equity loan to pay for WDW annual passes.:eek:

Hot Lava and sbkline like this.
  4. sbkline

sbkline Well-Known Member Original Poster

I charged my APs onto my card around the beginning of this current billing cycle, but when I got the statement from the previous billing cycle, I paid about $900 towards the APs, in addition to paying the balance in full as I do every month. So on my next credit card statement, will it tell me how much of my balance is for the APs, and give me the option to only pay so much of that amount (or not pay any for this month if I don't want to)? I'm always kind of nervous about doing deferred interest financing on a card where I am constantly charging my regular expenditures as well. For example, If I have a balance of $1000, and $500 of that amount is a Disney amount with no interest, I'm always questioning what stops them from applying my $500 payment to the supposedly "interest free" amount, paying it in full and then charging me interest on the other $500. Basically, I'm concerned about having regular charges mixed in with interest free charges all on the same bill, and then making a partial payment and wondering how they sort out how much of my payment goes towards the interest accruing charges and how much (if any) goes to the interest free charges.

5. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

I am not seeing on the WDW site where non resident APs can be paid over a period of time???

6. stichrules

stichrules Active Member

If you have a deferred interest on a Disney Visa, at the end of the statement it will list it and the amount and when the entire amount is due. They, Disney Visa, will always apply the amount you send them to the regular account first and then any remaining payment to the deferred account. We recently did this and never had any issues. I kept very close track of it because I was making a set payment to the deferred account every month to ensure it was paid off so I did not incur any interest. And we use this card for all of our expenses.

7. lunchbox1175

lunchbox1175 Premium Member

I am pretty sure that is for Florida residents only.

8. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

It has to be because when I looked online - the monthly plan is only for Florida residents. With the price increase - I wish they would allow us non residents a monthly plan. Its going to be hard to pay all that money at once.

Hot Lava and lunchbox1175 like this.
  9. lunchbox1175

lunchbox1175 Premium Member

I am curious why its only for Florida residents, what can they garnish their wages or something if they don't pay up...I think they would sell more of them if they offered the payment plan for out of state residents.

10. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

For the amount of money it probably isn't even worth litigating. Unless it's a really large group, their attorney's fees are going to be more than what they recover. Florida is also a debtor's paradise. If you are a head of household they can't garnish your wages. It's why O.J. moved here. He never paid a penny of that judgment.