Puffin´s Roost to host Princess Anna meet and greet

spiritofNorway

Original Poster
Two days ago the Laila and Geir perfume at the merchandise store in Norway was moved into the first big room (Helly Hansen), and the Laila perfume room was made into a princess merchandise room.

The room will serve as a meet and greet for the future princess Anna (a Norwegian/Scandinavian princess) from the movie Frozen later this year...

Sped2424

Two days ago the Laila and Geir perfume at the merchandise store in Norway was moved into the first big room (Helly Hansen), and the Laila perfume room was made into a princess merchandise room.

The room will serve as a meet and greet for the future princess Anna (a Norwegian/Scandinavian princess) from the movie Frozen later this year...

omg I called it GUYS I CALLED IT welp KISS MAELSTROM GOODBYE FOLKS cause if this movie does well (which if they get the princess hype going i think it will) Then there goes the educational maelstrom. I really wanna see frozen but come on disney you set the film in a fictional kingdom. not norway. But alas I will most likely visit it anyways with joy...dont look at me I have a problem.

FrankLapidus

omg I called it GUYS I CALLED IT welp KISS MAELSTROM GOODBYE FOLKS cause if this movie does well (which if they get the princess hype going i think it will) Then there goes the educational maelstrom. I really wanna see frozen but come on disney you set the film in a fictional kingdom. not norway. But alas I will most likely visit it anyways with joy...dont look at me I have a problem.

I think that's a little bit of an over-reaction. Why does a meet-and-greet being added to a shop mean that we should kiss Maelstrom goodbye? How does Frozen affect Maelstrom?

aladdin2007

I think that's a little bit of an over-reaction. Why does a meet-and-greet being added to a shop mean that we should kiss Maelstrom goodbye? How does Frozen affect Maelstrom?

It doesnt, yet. But if the movie is a hit it would not surprise me if Maelstrom was rethemed. The growing Princess Pavilion continues with less and less Norway. :banghead:

The movie does not take place in Norway outright, just a fictional Scandinavian kingdom but to Disney thats the same thing I guess. But there really isnt room in there for a meetngreet,....right in the middle of the four store sections? really? How are they going to handle lines yet while people are trying to shop on the left and right sides? They better finally unlock all the other unused entrance and exits.!

Last edited:

Neverland

Goodness, what's with all the hate?

I thought it was a general assumption that a meet and greet would be in Norway...

I mean, no, the movie doesn't actually take place in Norway, but it's in a country heavily influenced by Norway and Scandinavia in general. Nothing in Snow White's movie says it actually takes place in Germany, but she's got a meet and greet at the pavilion. Same with Aurora and France. And Aladdin took place in a fictional Middle Eastern country, yet he meets in Morocco, which is a country in northwest Africa.

I don't mind at all. In fact, I really enjoy seeing characters in environments that reflect their movies. Even though Morocco isn't where Aladdin took place, seeing he and Jasmine wander through the marketplace is pretty darn cool to me. Seeing Mulan in China is another of my favorite meet and greets.

The only thing about this that strikes me as odd is the supposed placement of the M&G. Like aladdin2007 said, right in the middle of a row of shops?... And in a ride exit? A better place would be near the bathrooms, where the viking ship playground used to be. There's nothing there now, just a lot of empty space filled with bushes.

danv3

The only thing about this that strikes me as odd is the supposed placement of the M&G. Like aladdin2007 said, right in the middle of a row of shops?... And in a ride exit? A better place would be near the bathrooms, where the viking ship playground used to be. There's nothing there now, just a lot of empty space filled with bushes.

Location is definitely odd. Hardy any room for a line in there.

Prototype82

Goodness, what's with all the hate?

I thought it was a general assumption that a meet and greet would be in Norway...

I mean, no, the movie doesn't actually take place in Norway, but it's in a country heavily influenced by Norway and Scandinavia in general. Nothing in Snow White's movie says it actually takes place in Germany, but she's got a meet and greet at the pavilion. Same with Aurora and France. And Aladdin took place in a fictional Middle Eastern country, yet he meets in Morocco, which is a country in northwest Africa.

I don't mind at all. In fact, I really enjoy seeing characters in environments that reflect their movies. Even though Morocco isn't where Aladdin took place, seeing he and Jasmine wander through the marketplace is pretty darn cool to me. Seeing Mulan in China is another of my favorite meet and greets.

I'd be fine with a meet and greet. But in the Laila fragrance area of the Puffin's Roost? It's that part I'm not fond of. The shop is already becoming irrelevant with Disney Princess merch as it is. They should have built tastefully designed meet and greets like in France and Mexico.

aladdin2007

Aren't Pooh and friends in a similar setup in the UK pavilion?

They are, but thats in the very back and seems to be okay location wise. This is going to be right in the middle of a shop with other shops on each side of it. How is anyone going to be able to walk through anymore, unless they open up the other doors like I already mentioned, which needs to happen anyway. Its the only store where they force you to stay in from point a to point b.

I agree with you neverland, the perfect location would be over there where the viking ship playground was. Themed and done well like they did with Germany and Mexico etc.

merry68

They can be in more than one park..

Very true, but I cannot remember when recent movie characters have been at more than 1 park at the same time, except for Winnie the Pooh when his movie came out 2yrs ago and he had the big set up at the Animation bldg. in DHS and then he could be found in the other parks.

I highly doubt there is going to be a character in that particular location in Norway unless there is major changes made to either the exit of Maelstrom, or the shops are somehow redone to allow all those people in that tiny area.

Whatever they do, they had better not mess the huge Troll! I love that thing!!! LOL!

aladdin2007

Very true, but I cannot remember when recent movie characters have been at more than 1 park at the same time, except for Winnie the Pooh when his movie came out 2yrs ago and he had the big set up at the Animation bldg. in DHS and then he could be found in the other parks.

I highly doubt there is going to be a character in that particular location in Norway unless there is major changes made to either the exit of Maelstrom, or the shops are somehow redone to allow all those people in that tiny area.

Whatever they do, they had better not mess the huge Troll! I love that thing!!! LOL!

Me too lol he needs a name, the only problem with him though is everyone trying to take pictures, its impossible to shop or look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom