Public Service for the (American) Southerners

disneycrazy

Okay, it's also for my benefit, since I'll be there in two weeks.

There is one place I know of on WDW property that serves SWEET iced tea - Liberty Tree Tavern in MK.

Anyone know of other places that serve sweet tea?:confused:

mightyduck

Originally posted by disneycrazy
Okay, it's also for my benefit, since I'll be there in two weeks.

There is one place I know of on WDW property that serves SWEET iced tea - Liberty Tree Tavern in MK.

Anyone know of other places that serve sweet tea?:confused:

Disneycrazy, I just got back from a week in SC....where I had to learn to order "sweet tea." I don't get it. Why not just add sugar to unsweetened tea?

And I think most of the iced tea I drank was of the Snapple variety in Disney... Not too much of the southern "sweet tea" available.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Re: Public Service for the (American) Southerners

Originally posted by mightyduck

Disneycrazy, I just got back from a week in SC....where I had to learn to order "sweet tea." I don't get it. Why not just add sugar to unsweetened tea?

And I think most of the iced tea I drank was of the Snapple variety in Disney... Not too much of the southern "sweet tea" available.

mightyduck, the fact that you would ask such a question means you haven't spent enough time in the South. Trust me, it just isn't the same if you add the sugar at the table. I haven't been here long enough (only 20 years) to get the recipe for REAL sweet tea, but it tastes differently from tea with sugar added!!

disneycrazy, my daughter thought she had "real" sweet tea at the Brown Derby.

Upvote 0

Rooster

Re: Re: Public Service for the (American) Southerners

Good Sweet tea is not just mixed. Its brewed.:) (Former SC and TN resident)

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Re: Re: Re: Public Service for the (American) Southerners

Originally posted by marciahahn

mightyduck, the fact that you would ask such a question means you haven't spent enough time in the South. Trust me, it just isn't the same if you add the sugar at the table. I haven't been here long enough (only 20 years) to get the recipe for REAL sweet tea, but it tastes differently from tea with sugar added!!

disneycrazy, my daughter thought she had "real" sweet tea at the Brown Derby.

LOL....Sorry. Most places around here either serve the nestea stuff or they serve it unsweetened and you dump 18 sugar packet in until it's sludgey....or maybe that's just me. ;)

Upvote 0

disneycrazy

Original Poster

LOL....Sorry. Most places around here either serve the nestea stuff or they serve it unsweetened and you dump 18 sugar packet in until it's sludgey....or maybe that's just me. ;)

That's because you are in New Jersey!;) Next time you are in Florida, just eat at a Sonny's barbecue and order sweet tea - then you'll know. Or find a Bojangle's fast food restaurant.

Rooster: preach it! BTW, what part of SC?

Marcia, if you want to know how my family has always made tea (I come from a long line of North and South Carolinians), just let me know. Thanks for the tip on the Brown Derby!:D

Upvote 0

mightyduck

That's because you are in New Jersey!;) Next time you are in Florida, just eat at a Sonny's barbecue and order sweet tea - then you'll know. Or find a Bojangle's fast food restaurant.

Rooster: preach it! BTW, what part of SC?

Marcia, if you want to know how my family has always made tea (I come from a long line of North and South Carolinians), just let me know. Thanks for the tip on the Brown Derby!:D

I spent last week in Clemson, SC, and I've gotten the hang of ordering "Sweetea" (which, I discovered, is one word--my clipped yankee speech was a dead giveaway, I suspect. ;)). It was fabulous....But definitely a southern thing. I had a great time--and I ate very well there! :)

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Re: Re: Re: Public Service for the (American) Southerners

mightyduck, the fact that you would ask such a question means you haven't spent enough time in the South.

And what's with round spicy sausage patties and grits anyway?!? ;)

Upvote 0

Maria

Thank God we are served Nestea at Friday´s here... sweet and refillable... why wouldn´t it be sweet? Who drinks it and really likes it unsweetened? ;)

Upvote 0

mightyduck

I don't even like to visit there - way too much orange. Plus, being a UNC grad, I and the Carolina stickers on my car are less than welcome there.

Oh, I see....my friend and her husband work at the university museum, but nothing is orange there.... They actually live in a Clemson suburb. I wasn't on the campus. Real pretty country there if you go hiking to the waterfalls...

Maria, I have no idea who would actually want to drink it unsweetened... but here in the north it's considered one of the beverages of choice if you're on a diet, I guess.... I just dump a squillion sugar packets in there... ;)

Upvote 0

disneycrazy

Original Poster
Mightyduck, did you learn the correct way to pronounce Clemson while you were there?;)

Maria, I agree. I've never understood how anyone could drink unsweetened tea. I'd rather drink dishwater.:(

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Mightyduck, did you learn the correct way to pronounce Clemson while you were there?;)

Maria, I agree. I've never understood how anyone could drink unsweetened tea. I'd rather drink dishwater.:(

Um, probably not, but I can say "Walhalla" like a native... ;) My friends are from Philly and New Jersey, so they're still working on it themselves...;)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
My daughter, who was born & raised in the South, is appalled that you can't get iced tea in the winter time "up north!" After all, you can still get a soft drink with ice !:mad:

Upvote 0

mightyduck

My daughter, who was born & raised in the South, is appalled that you can't get iced tea in the winter time "up north!" After all, you can still get a soft drink with ice !:mad:

You can get iced tea....I drink it almost exclusively (much to my dentist's dismay). It just isn't sweetea. :)

Upvote 0

Scooter

I can't believe we have a whole thread devoted to iced TEA!
Wasn't this thread originally about where you can get sweet iced Tea at Disney World? How did we get so far off the subject?
and 2 pages..hahaha Are we bored or what?
Just teasing folks...But I had to chuckle though when I saw all this ice Tea information :eek:)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Scooter
I can't believe we have a whole thread devoted to iced TEA!

Are you kidding? These bunch could start a whole thread on how quickly does the grass grow near Cindarella's Castle, and the pros and cons of adding winter rye to it.
;) Then it could evolve into a thread about which is better, single or blended malt whiskies! Which might end up in us devising our own 12 step program....to prevent thread drift!!! The possibilities are endless! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom