Pre-Trip PTR A First Time Disneyland Trip for a WDW-Pro

Hey Guys!
A lot of you might remember me, I was really active on these forums, but sort of slowed down for a little while. Anyway, a lot has changed in my life since I last posted a trip report: I met an AMAZING guy Josh through writing for his website www.ModernMouseRadio.com (sorry I just had to plug that real quick!) and moved to Denver, CO from MA! Josh is a HUGE Disney fan as well, which is what brought us together in the first place. Now, I've only been to WDW for a few reasons, the biggest being that I lived on the East Coast up until now, but since Josh lived within driving distance of Disneyland, his family has visited that park as well as WDW almost every year! So, this year, as our first official vacation as a couple, we are planning a trip together to Disneyland! It'll be my FIRST time and I am so freakin excited! I mean, I will be walking where Walt walked, and seeing what Walt saw! Ahhh I can't contain myself!

So here's the cast:

Me (angie):
12195248025_67ba29402f.jpg

Josh:
12195658234_c46452b49c.jpg

WHEN: We are planning on going May 4th-9th 2014 (my birthday is on May 6th!!!) This is also our 1 year anniversary month! This allows 2 full park days and a 2 - 1/2 days spent walking around DTD and the Resorts

HOW: Flying there in the morning of the 4th! Then taking a shuttle to the resort!

WHERE: Most likely the Tropicana Inn (This will be my first non-Disney resort while visiting a Disney park!)

The plans aren't set in stone just yet, but we will be booking as soon as we find out that we will definitely be able to! Yay!

More to come once the trip is booked!

flipadeeflop

Original Poster
Ok! So, writing this PTR got Josh SUPER excited about the trip and we basically booked it last night! We have our airfare and hotel booked, just waiting to buy park tickets until a little closer to the date!

Staying at: Rodeway Inn instead of the Tropicana like I originally said! We just can't afford a fancy-smancy Disneyland Hotel!

When: May 4th - 9th 2014 - working towards getting a 5 day park ticket for each of us! That way we can catch fireworks and/or fantasmic on the 4th!

EXCITED!!!!!!
12211306533_f0e7d4da2e_z.jpg

flipadeeflop

Original Poster
Leaving for our trip in 9 days! So freakin' excited, I can't handle it! I made Josh some Adventureland shoes for our trip as his anniversary gift! I will post a picture later!

EricJ

It'll be my FIRST time and I am so freakin excited! I mean, I will be walking where Walt walked, and seeing what Walt saw! Ahhh I can't contain myself!

Just remember the basics of East Coaster to Anaheim Disorientation:
1) You're in the middle of a city, on dry land. There are no woods, no highways, you can see the mountains from outside on the sidewalk, and when you turn around from Main St. Station, you see another park where Bay Lake should be. (The good part is, you could never walk to Epcot when park hopping.)
2) There are only 3 Disney resorts, all Deluxe. Guess you've gotten past that.
3) The castle is smaller. Yes, it always looked bigger on Walt's TV show.
4) The geography may LOOK the same, but it's not. There's a mountain where it shouldn't be, and dead ends where you could expect to navigate Frontierland from memory.
And we can now happily retire 5), "They still have the old Tiki Bird show". :)

Get past these basics, and it should be no problem.

flipadeeflop

Original Poster
Just remember the basics of East Coaster to Anaheim Disorientation:
1) You're in the middle of a city, on dry land. There are no woods, no highways, you can see the mountains from outside on the sidewalk, and when you turn around from Main St. Station, you see another park where Bay Lake should be. (The good part is, you could never walk to Epcot when park hopping.)
2) There are only 3 Disney resorts, all Deluxe. Guess you've gotten past that.
3) The castle is smaller. Yes, it always looked bigger on Walt's TV show.
4) The geography may LOOK the same, but it's not. There's a mountain where it shouldn't be, and dead ends where you could expect to navigate Frontierland from memory.
And we can now happily retire 5), "They still have the old Tiki Bird show". :)

Get past these basics, and it should be no problem.
haha I love it! thanks!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom