Props for the Higdon Dopey Plan

Kermit262

Original Poster
When I started the Higdon Dopey Plan I didn't know how well it would prepare me for the challenge, but I can say after running the races I highly recommend the plan. I never needed to walk, even during the marathon, and my legs felt fresh at the beginning of each race. And after each race I'd go back to the resort, shower, and then hit the parks with the family. I just can't say enough about how well it prepared me for the Dopey. Hope others had similar experiences, whether with the Higdon, Galloway, or whichever plan they followed.

Texas84

Absolutely. I only missed the 8-miler on the 8-18 weekend because of lightning. This plan had me prepared. Actually had a negative split on the marathon. But I did not go to the parks after the half. Decided to stay off my feet Saturday.

Kermit262

Original Poster
Absolutely. I only missed the 8-miler on the 8-18 weekend because of lightning. This plan had me prepared. Actually had a negative split on the marathon. But I did not go to the parks after the half. Decided to stay off my feet Saturday.
Good to see another thumbs-up for the Higdon Dopey. Hoping it will help future Dopey runners prepare for this unique race. On my best days I'm merely an average runner, and I know it had me well prepared for the Challenge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom