Project Thermal Springs = Adventureland Crowding Improvements

Phroobar

I never understood why people stood in line for a Dole Whip. It's just pineapple frozen yogurt (or ice cream or chilled monkey brains or whatever the hell it is). If the internet made it so popular how come all of those people don't know they can go inside the preshow space for the Tiki Room and order a Dole Whip without waiting in that huge line outside the Tiki Room?

Also, if the Haunted Mansion has two standby lines, why is one line always shorter than the other? I once made it all the way to the porch by choosing the shorter line.

George Lucas on a Bench

You can't choose sides anymore. For a long time, people were under the impression that the other line was for Fastpass (which it now is) or simply remained on the left side rather than going right after they got up to the house.

SteveAZee

Flo's is a great spot for breakfast. The view of the Cadillac Range from the patio is spectacular.

My breakfast at Flo's was really tasty.

20160404_100130.jpg

jocarol

I never understood why people stood in line for a Dole Whip. It's just pineapple frozen yogurt (or ice cream or chilled monkey brains or whatever the hell it is).

It's definitely NOT frozen yogurt or ice cream. It's non-dairy. Dole Whip is to soft serve ice cream as Cool Whip is to whipped cream.

D

Deleted member 107043

So the whole thing was created in a lab. Nothing natural about it except maybe the 10% pineapple juice. It's good stuff but no worth waiting more than five minutes for.

I had one once on a hot day while waiting for the Tiki Room show to begin. It was super sweet and tasted slightly artificial, but but I enjoyed it given the setting and the heat. I would never consder having one if I weren't at Disneyland.

George Lucas on a Bench

I always preferred the Coke or root beer floats you could get at WDW's Aloha Isle because I didn't care much for the pineapple treats. DL doesn't offer these options at the Tiki Room stand. Along with churros, the pineapple floats/Dole Whips are the most overrated snack at Disney.

dweezil78

So the whole thing was created in a lab. Nothing natural about it except maybe the 10% pineapple juice. It's good stuff but no worth waiting more than five minutes for.

When you can time the line right and actually bring a fresh, unmelted Dole Whip into the Tiki Room, it's a pretty great thing! That said, I much prefer the Dole Whip/Vanilla swirl you can get out in WDW. I miss it greatly whenever I return from my trips there.

Also, since a lot of the local froyo places (like Menchie's) started selling Dole Whip regularly, it's lost some of it's special-ness at the park... HOWEVER, it's never as creamy smooth as it is at Disneyland for some reason.

Phroobar

Since we re in the topic of over/ underrated foods at DL... the roast at the Plaza Inn is pretty damn good. I just tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago because I could never get myself to not order the fried chicken. Anyway, It's better than the fried chicken.
The chicken is overrated and too expensive.

mickEblu

The chicken is overrated and too expensive.

Yeah it's a little overrated. It's also starting to taste a little salty to me. I think many of us just get excited about decent fried chicken at a theme park and are unable or forget to factor out the atmosphere when rating food. But the roast is pretty good by any standards in my humble opinion. With that said roast isn't something I ever order out (Or ever see on a menu) so maybe I'm not the best judge.

D

Deleted member 107043

As food for the masses goes I would rate DL, and especially DCA, as better than average. It'll cost you more but you can get a nice meal with efficient service in a nice setting if you avoid fast food places.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom