Project Thermal Springs = Adventureland Crowding Improvements

Stevek

I searched through some of the old threads but I couldn't find it. I did find this horrifying thread:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/haunted-mansion-changes.11494/

And apparently Bob Chapek aka Chappie aka Chapps used to post here.

upload_2017-6-30_12-54-26.png

George Lucas on a Bench

Couldn't they just get rid of the Vans store? That's what the local mall is for. Seriously. Why would these items be sold in Adventureland? Also, why is "Traders" in parentheses?

I don't know about this. It looks okay, I guess. I just get really annoyed by that unrelated merchandise being sold in there. Paul Pressler's legacy.

oo_nrb

Oh, okay. I get it now. Not really. Okay, that's lame. Not quite 2001 DCA pun signs lame, but pretty lame.

I'm fairly positive that they've used this before in Adventureland, and possibly even in the old Tropical Imports location, but I can't for the life of me find proof of this (or even remember if that's the case).

I see it as fitting right in with the Jungle Cruise motif, along the lines of the sign that advertises "We buy and sell the rare and exotic (at our other store)".

D

Deleted member 107043

I see it as fitting right in with the Jungle Cruise motif, along the lines of the sign that advertises "We buy and sell the rare and exotic (at our other store)".

I remember first seeing that sign back in the 90s and chuckling for a good 10 minutes. I wonder what will become (or has become) of that sign.

D

Deleted member 107043

So it appears that the small stage above Tropical Imports is no longer there.

Practical Pig

Nice and simple. Now if I could only get a Trader Sam's tiki drink in there I'd be all set.

At this point I have to wonder if they're holding off on re-developing the Tahitian Terrace space until Star Wars Land (likely) breaks the prohibition on serving alcohol in Disneyland. Turning that space into a Trader Sam's tiki bar overlooking the JC would be a very popular and profitable move.

I know, right? I would probably sit there for the better part of an afternoon if they did.

Although table turnover may be a problem. ;)

Stevek

At this point I have to wonder if they're holding off on re-developing the Tahitian Terrace space until Star Wars Land (likely) breaks the prohibition on serving alcohol in Disneyland. Turning that space into a Trader Sam's tiki bar overlooking the JC would be a very popular and profitable move.

Although table turnover may be a problem. ;)

Would not be profitable for my wallet : )

180º

If there was a thread called "Disney Heros: Recent Sensible and Inspired Ideas from WDP&R," this would be my first entry. I don't care if it only improved things a tiny bit. A tiny bit could mean the difference between my foot getting crushed by a stroller or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom