Project Thermal Springs = Adventureland Crowding Improvements

TP2000

Original Poster
Honestly I think they should reverse the flow of Tiki Room and make Oasis the pre-show area, make the entire attraction accessible,and move the Dole Whip bar into a larger location where the entrance and fountain of Oasis is next to the Jungle exit (but more recessed). This would allow them to widen the access from the Hub to Adventureland and do away with the queue for Dole Whip.

That's the best idea I've heard in a long time.

I wonder what they think they are going to do with Aladdin's Oasis? It just sits there empty, while hordes of crowds shuffle by right outside every day.

Phroobar

As food for the masses goes I would rate DL, and especially DCA, as better than average. It'll cost you more but you can get a nice meal with efficient service in a nice setting if you avoid fast food places.
On the other end of the scale is Magic Mountain where the food is inedible hamburgers, chicken strips, and pizza but costs just as much as Disneyland. Disneyland's food is better but not better than an actual restaurant for the price.

dweezil78

On the other end of the scale is Magic Mountain where the food is inedible hamburgers, chicken strips, and pizza but costs just as much as Disneyland. Disneyland's food is better but not better than an actual restaurant for the price.

Last time I was there I ate at the BBQ place and found it surprisingly OK! I'm sure mileage will vary depending on the location.

jmuboy

Since we re in the topic of over/ underrated foods at DL... the roast at the Plaza Inn is pretty damn good. I just tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago because I could never get myself to not order the fried chicken. Anyway, It's better than the fried chicken.
Plaza Inn is the Flo's of Disneyland in my opinion. Great setting and completely underappreciated.

mickEblu

Plaza Inn is the Flo's of Disneyland in my opinion. Great setting and completely underappreciated.

Plaza Inn is my favorite place to eat at DL for the food and ambiance. Sitting outside on a spring/ fall day splitting some fried chicken and corn dog from the little red wagon next door is very satisfying. Well Blue Bayou is really my favorite. But that doesn't happen often.

Little Green Men

I think the chicken varies. When I first had it in 2006 it was really good. Then I had it in 2012 and I wasn't impressed by it at all. This last trip I tried it again and it was back to delicious.

Old Mouseketeer

Since we re in the topic of over/ underrated foods at DL... the roast at the Plaza Inn is pretty damn good. I just tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago because I could never get myself to not order the fried chicken. Anyway, It's better than the fried chicken.

I did the same dang thing last year! I really enjoyed the beef. Yeah, the chicken is killer, but it's nice to change it up!

Old Mouseketeer

That's the best idea I've heard in a long time.

I wonder what they think they are going to do with Aladdin's Oasis? It just sits there empty, while hordes of crowds shuffle by right outside every day.

Sadly, it's one of the last projects by my late friend, Imagineer David Mumford (along with the Little Mermaid land in Tokyo Disney Sea).
I smile every time I walk past the flying carpet tile in the entry way.

George Lucas on a Bench

The flying carpet ride is one of the gaudiest things Disney has ever done. To say nothing about plopping it in the middle of the WDW Adventureland midway and not fitting the setting at all, it's one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. Dumbo being hollow with seats inside is charming because, well, it's Dumbo since 1955. On the other hand, I stepped into that Aladdin monstrosity and it didn't feel at all like I was actually riding the magic carpet and I hated it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom