Problems?

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
We are vacationing soon and my dad is concerned about reports of looters and general problems of disarray around WDW and is a bit upset we're still going. I haven't seen anything that would make me cancel so I'm asking if anyone here experienced anything negative themselves or have seen it firsthand.

Thank you!

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We are vacationing soon and my dad is concerned about reports of looters and general problems of disarray around WDW and is a bit upset we're still going. I haven't seen anything that would make me cancel so I'm asking if anyone here experienced anything negative themselves or have seen it firsthand.

Thank you!

There were a few very isolated incidence of looting in a couple cities as hurricane Irma went through Florida, but it's not something I would be concerned about, especially if you are staying on Disney property.

POLY LOVER

Amazing how a very few incidents are blown up and scare people. If you have to live in fear of violence or crime then there is virtually nowhere in america you can vacation or live. I hope your father is not serious because that would be totally ridiculous.
To answer your question NO there has been nothing like that in this area that would send folks running for the hills.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Now that the power's mostly back on, people got things to do, and the criminal element doesn't like coming out when they know the cops aren't hunkered down.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Amazing how a very few incidents are blown up and scare people. If you have to live in fear of violence or crime then there is virtually nowhere in america you can vacation or live. I hope your father is not serious because that would be totally ridiculous.
To answer your question NO there has been nothing like that in this area that would send folks running for the hills.
You sure about that? I took this picture on World Drive last night.;)

150313132733-mad-max-fury-road-vehicles-1024x576.jpg

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
You sure about that? I took this picture on World Drive last night.;)

150313132733-mad-max-fury-road-vehicles-1024x576.jpg

I actually wasn't worried at all, I asked to be able to calm his fears. I kinda figured it would be okay because I hadn't seen any stories or posts at all about trouble in that general area. And like you, I do not believe in letting fears control my decisions. I never even considered cancelling because I don't feel at all as though we are heading into harms way in any way, shape or form.

Thank you for replying!

Goofyernmost

That is called news. It's not really fake because it is happening, but, what you see is the isolated area that it is happening in, you see different camera angles of the same event making it seem like it is happening everywhere. It is also called sensationalism. It has existed probably from the beginning of time because humanity, for some unfathomable reason, have a need to witness disaster. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves because they are not part of it.

It's a good time to reinsert my favorite quote made by Samuel Clemens after a newspaper accidentally published his obituary... "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated." Years ago, before the internet or cell phones, I use to travel with the family from Vermont to WDW in the month of February. I had to stop watching Jim Cantore* on the Weather Channel because of the picture that was being painted about the weather or impending weather. I delayed more the one trip because I was told that it was a mess and stay home. One time they even had an extensive report on thousands of snakes coming out of their barrows due to heavy rains in Florida flooding them out. I had to make sure my wife didn't hear about that report or we would have never left home. Going there I found that there was nothing, I mean nothing happening as predicted. No rain, no snakes, no flooding. They did happen, but, in isolated areas that we most likely would never have gotten to even by accident.
Yes, he has been there since right after the Dino's disappeared from the planet.

Uncle Lupe

We arrived on the 16th of September and you would not know anything had happened expect for some landscaping damage. Parks are crowded from some people changing their vacations by a week. Stayed at MK until 12:30am. If staying on property everything is business as always in Disney.

IanDLBZF

Within WDW limits, this is not really that big of a problem IIRC. Within I-Drive and Downtown Orlando, then yes that is a problem. You should be fine in WDW, just saying this is my personal experience.

lazyboy97o

Within WDW limits, this is not really that big of a problem IIRC. Within I-Drive and Downtown Orlando, then yes that is a problem. You should be fine in WDW, just saying this is my personal experience.
What personal experience? Looting and disarray of the sort suggested would still be news.

KBLovedDisney

Just walking into my kitchen every morning is dangerous. My cats act all lovey dovey because I am about to feed them, but I swear one is out to get me with his serpentine criss-crossing directional love bumps he likes to do with my legs. He has tripped me up on several occasions.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom